Oxford Brookes University - Faculty of Technology, Design and Environment
|Salary:||£25,769 to £28,143|
|Placed on:||18th October 2016|
|Closes:||31st October 2016|
Join an active, engaged and innovative marketing team working to advance the profile and reputation of the Faculty of Technology, Design and Environment.
Our faculty has an International reputation for excellence and promotes innovative and creative ideas for a 21st century world. Our schools and departments have a rich and diverse portfolio of taught courses and research programmes spanning a wide range of disciplines including but not limited to: architecture and the built environment, arts, computing, engineering and mathematics.
This role will cover a wide range of marketing activities including co-ordinating student recruitment events, crafting multi-channel campaign messages, and working with our designers to create print and digital marketing material include advertisements, brochures, photography and video.
You will be part of an experienced and enthusiastic team based across multiple sites, with individual responsibilities and specialisms. There is a wide range of training opportunities and a challenging and interesting variety of work.
In this particular post we are looking for a Marketing Officer to work with the School of Arts so experience of arts subjects would be an asset in this post. These include digital media, foundation art, fine art, film, interdisciplinary arts, publishing and music. Previous experience of exhibitions, shows and other art events would also be useful.
You will be:
- preparing and presenting targeted and accurate copy for online channels and printed marketing materials, creating marketing campaigns, materials and messaging for the faculty and its departments, developing brand identities in line with university guidelines, and promoting our work to a variety of targeted external audiences
- co-ordinating student recruitment events and activities across multiple sites, gathering feedback and measuring conversion from each touch point, including physical events and online interactive events such as the Virtual Open Day
- project managing and researching new areas for development, developing specialist knowledge of marketing work and our academic schools and departments
- attending meetings, workshops and project groups and ensuring that effective collaborative relationships are developed within the faculty and across the university
You should have:
- A levels or equivalent qualifications and/or significant relevant experience
- experience in a marketing-related post
- proven organisational and project management abilities
- the ability to write, edit, proof read and prepare copy
- excellent interpersonal skills
- the ability to clearly communicate complex information and to prioritise and manage competing demands
- the ability to use software packages appropriate to the role¿s responsibilities
- a commitment to quality
- well-developed customer relationship management skills.
Previous applicants need not apply.
International applicants from outside the EU will need to demonstrate their eligibility to work in the UK.
Share this job
Type / Role:
South East England