Legal Support and Contracts Manager
University of Derby
|Salary:||£50,669 per annum (dependent on experience)|
|Placed on:||18th October 2016|
|Closes:||30th October 2016|
Inspire, Innovate, Impact.
At the University of Derby, people are at the heart of everything we do. As a major, local employer we not only offer one of the region’s most competitive reward packages, but we are also constantly recognising and rewarding individual contribution, as well as helping to develop colleagues both personally and professionally. We take pride in being a really friendly, supportive and innovative workplace and we are genuinely committed to offering colleagues the opportunity to develop a fantastic, long-lasting career here with us.
We encourage applications from a diverse workforce who can help us achieve our desire to be the ambitious student’s natural choice for quality, support and achievement.
About the role
The successful applicant will act as the University’s in-house solicitor and provide pragmatic and commercially focused legal, governance and intellectual property advice to the University of Derby and its wholly owned subsidiaries. Seek advice as necessary from the external legal advisers and co-ordinate the response and relevant action.
You will negotiate, draft and advise on a wide range of legal and transactional issues including a broad spectrum of agreements of variable nature, including
- supply and purchase agreements,
- confidentiality agreements,
- research and other collaborations,
- memoranda of understanding,
- corporate documentation and consultancy agreements,
- regulatory issues and
- intellectual property.
Furthermore there will be various claims for compensation etc. from students and other parties that may have to be dealt with. All legal advice needs to be channeled through the Deputy Chief Executive to ensure the wider implications for the University are understood and to enable appropriate timely action taken.
- Accessible location; Derby is a thriving, multi-cultural city with easy access from any location within the UK
- Competitive rates of pay
- Competitive, family friendly reward packages
- Access to the Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Discount savings scheme and extensive staff discounts on accredited courses for yourself or family to study here at the University
- Cycle2Work scheme and subsidised travel
- Vast programme of training courses and secondment opportunities
- Local recognition scheme
For more information and to apply on-line, please click the “Apply” button below.
Share this job
Type / Role:
Midlands of England