Lecturer or Senior Lecturer/Reader in Econometrics
University of Glasgow - Adam Smith Business School
|Salary:||please see advert for salary details|
|Placed on:||1st November 2016|
|Closes:||15th January 2017|
To undertake high-quality research in Econometrics, to actively contribute to teaching in our postgraduate courses as well as undergraduate programs as appropriate, and to undertake administration as required by the Head of Subject.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain individual/joint research projects in Econometrics; to secure the funding required for research projects and act as the principal investigator or co-ordinator of research grant(s) as appropriate.
- Contribute fully to developing and enhancing the research profile of the Adam Smith Business School, including establishing a track record of publications of international quality in leading journals.
- Attend and actively contribute/participate in national/international events/major research seminars/conferences within research area by invitation or otherwise.
- Undertake supervision and training of postgraduate research students to ensure their effective development, where appropriate.
- Participate fully in assessment and examination processes as appropriate, (using a variety of methods and techniques) and provide effective, timely and appropriate feedback to students to support learning.
- Supervise individual student projects and assist with difficulties, e.g. learning support/problems.
- Engage and participate in Continuing Professional Development (CPD) activities as appropriate to the particular specialism.
- Undertake subject area/college level administration as required by the Head of Subject Area.
- Contribute to performance and development review processes as appropriate in accordance with university strategy.
- To contribute to the enhancement of the University’s international profile in line with the University’s Strategic Plan, Glasgow 2020 – A Global Vision http://www.gla.ac.uk/media/media_180610_en.pdf
For Appointment at Grade 8 you will:
- Take a leading role in the design, planning, organisation and delivery of undergraduate and postgraduate course and programmes in the Subject Area.
- Apply for research grants as principal investigator or be co-investigator for several grants.
Standard Terms & Conditions
Candidates are asked to state clearly on their application which level they are applying for.
The salary will be on the Research and Teaching Grade, level 7/8 for Lecturer, £33,943 - £38,183 / £41,709 - £48,327 / level 9 for Senior Lecturer or Reader, £49,772 - £55,998 per annum.
The successful applicant will be eligible to join the Universities' Superannuation Scheme. Further information regarding the scheme is available from the Superannuation Officer, who is also prepared to advise on questions relating to the transfer of Superannuation benefits.
All research and related activities, including grants, donations, clinical trials, contract research, consultancy and commercialisation are required to be managed through the University's relevant processes (e.g. contractual and financial), in accordance with the University Court's policies.
Relocation assistance will be provided where appropriate.
For appointment as Lecturer:
The successful applicant of this post will be enrolled onto the University’s Early Career Development Programme (ECDP). This will provide for you as an early career academic staff member to be developed and supported over a specified timeframe to facilitate the advancement of your academic career.
Information on the programme can be found on our website at: http://www.gla.ac.uk/services/humanresources/all/pay/ecdp/policy/
New entrants to the University will be required to serve a probationary period of 6 months.
The University has been awarded the Athena SWAN Institutional Bronze Award.
The University of Glasgow, charity number SC004401.
Vacancy reference: 014697.
Interviews will be held on 17 February 2017.
The University is committed to equality of opportunity in employment.
Share this job
Type / Role: