Adjunct Lecturer in Comparative Health Care Systems (Spring 2017)
Council on International Educational Exchange
|Contract Type:||Contract / Temporary|
|Placed on:||1st November 2016|
|Closes:||1st January 2017|
Reports to: Academic Director
CIEE: A non-profit, non-governmental organization, CIEE is the world leader in international education and exchange. For 65 years CIEE has helped thousands of people gain the knowledge and skills necessary to live and work in a globally interdependent and culturally diverse world by offering the most comprehensive, relevant, and valuable exchange programs available. Serving over 300 U.S. College and University consortium members, CIEE operates sixty study centers in over forty countries that support study abroad programs for over 6,000 students annually. In addition, as the largest sponsor for U.S. Department of State J-1 Visa programs, CIEE helps nearly 25,000 international students participate in U.S. based exchange programs annually. CIEE programs and services span study abroad, teach abroad, international faculty development seminars, and inbound exchange study, work, and internship programs for today’s high school and university students, professionals, and educators.
Summary of Position: The CIEE Global Institute in London is seeking an Adjunct Lecturer to teach a Comparative Health Care Systems course entitled “Comparative Health Care Systems” which runs from February 23rd 2017 for 6 weeks.
This course explores the impact of demographics, infrastructure, political and public will, global economic conditions, and geopolitical circumstances on health care systems. Evidence-based health policy research points to the need to carefully assess health care delivery systems in individual countries in order to identify initiatives, patterns, and mechanisms that have most likely contributed to successful reforms and sustainable financing arrangements. Comparisons will be made among the different EU actors with specific reference to the debate on health care in the US.
- Ph.D. or relevant post-graduate degree that focusses on Comparative Health Care Systems
- Demonstrated teaching record in Health Care Systems coupled with a passion for teaching Health Care Systems to students from a diverse range of backgrounds and disciplines
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with academic and administrative staff and efficient management of grading, attendance and student queries.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively, remotely and/or internationally.
- Ability to work within a learning management system, and other e-learning tools.
Interested candidates please email a CV plus cover letter to the Academic Director, Felicity Inns, at FInns@ciee.org
Due to high volume, we cannot respond personally to each candidate.
Share this job
Type / Role: