PhD Studentship: Polymer Synthesis and Biological Applications
Queen Mary University of London
|Funding for:||UK Students, EU Students|
|Placed on:||2nd November 2016|
|Closes:||12th December 2016|
Project Details: The project aims the synthesis of glycopolymers using various controlled radical polymerization techniques, click reactions and multi component reactions. Moreover, the project will also require studying the interactions of designed glycopolymers and biologically relevant proteins using various analytical techniques. The project offers an opportunity for an interdisciplinary research at the front end of polymer chemistry and chemical biology.
Currently, Polymer Chemistry Laboratory consists of 14 PhD students, a technician, and an academic. Our laboratories are very well equipped not only for polymer synthesis but also materials characterization. Further information regarding the group and its activities can be found under http://www.becergroup.sems.qmul.ac.uk
QMUL Research Studentship Details
- Available to Home/EU.
- Full Time programme only
- Applicant required to start in February 2017.
- The studentship arrangement will cover tuition fees and provide an annual stipend (£16,296 in 2016/17) for up to three and a half years.
- The minimum requirement for this studentship opportunity is a good Honours degree (minimum 2(i) honours or equivalent) or MSc/MRes in a relevant discipline.
- If English is not your first language then you will require a valid English certificate equivalent to IELTS 6.5+ overall with a minimum score of 5.5 in all sections (Reading, Listening, Writing, Speaking).
- Please Note that this studentship is only available to Home/EU Applicants. (See: http://www.welfare.qmul.ac.uk/money/feestatus/ for details)
Supervisor Contact Details:
For informal enquiries about this position, please contact Dr. Remzi Becer
Tel: 020 7882 6534
To apply for this studentship and for entry on to the Materials Science programme (Full Time, Semester 2 start) please follow the instructions detailed in section 3 of the following webpage: https://www.sems.qmul.ac.uk/research/programmes/howtoapply/
Further Guidance available via: http://www.qmul.ac.uk/postgraduate/applyresearchdegrees/index.html
Please be sure to include a reference to ‘2017 SEMS CRB’ to associate your application with this studentship opportunity.
Share this PhD
Type / Role: