Professor in Economics
University of Bristol - School of Economics, Finance and Management
|Salary:||£62,107 to £113,811 per annum (Grade M), to be confirmed on appointment.|
|Placed on:||2nd November 2016|
|Closes:||31st March 2017|
|★ View Employer Profile|
The Department of Economics (part of the University’s School of Economics, Finance and Management) is seeking to make an appointment at Professor level in Economics.
The Department has an international reputation for excellence in research and teaching. The successful candidate will provide strong academic leadership in both research and teaching and will have an excellent track record of publishing consistently in top international journals, and of teaching and developing teaching programmes to the highest standards at both undergraduate, masters and PhD level. The successful candidate is expected to be able to demonstrate the following:
- External evidence, both national and international, of research excellence. This is likely to include publication and editing activities in appropriate fora, and evidence of making an international impact through the dissemination of your work.
- Depth and breadth of knowledge in your academic discipline which supports the development of new knowledge and understanding in that field.
- The ability to lead and motivate people within an academic environment.
- Experience of leading the design of research programmes.
- The ability to attract external research funding from research councils, government, industry or other sources.
- Experience in overseeing the development and review of teaching provision in your subject area.
- The ability to act as a role model to other academic staff in relation to research, teaching, and management activity.
- The ability to develop further in other academic staff the skills and methods required of top quality researchers and teachers.
- Willingness to supervise postgraduate students and to provide guidance to postdoctoral students.
- The necessary skills and enthusiasm to help develop and implement the Department’s research strategy.
The closing date for applications is 11:59pm, Friday 31st March 2017.
For an informal discussion about the post, please contact: Sarah Smith (Head of Department of Economics) mailto: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Bristol is committed to equality and we value the diversity of our staff and students.
Share this job
Type / Role:
South West England