Cumbria Collaborative Outreach Programme Officer (x3 Vacancies)
University of Cumbria - Deanery Management and Professional Services
|Salary:||£32,004 to £36,001 pro rata|
|Contract Type:||Contract / Temporary|
|Placed on:||7th November 2016|
|Closes:||14th December 2016|
Carlisle, West Coast and Furness
£32,004* (PRO RATA)
- Use your extensive experience in widening participation (WP) access to co-ordinate and deliver targeted WP access activity in your area?
- Work impartially and effectively to build good relationships with a range of partners both internally and externally, including schools, colleges, employers, communities and universities?
- Demonstrate excellent project management skills?
- Effectively implement processes and systems to track and monitor budgetary spend and progress towards targets?
- Demonstrate a commitment to the WP agenda for under-represented groups in higher education?
We are looking to recruit three experienced and motivated outreach officers to co-ordinate and deliver an agreed programme of outreach activity within their area for the new Cumbria Collaborative Outreach Programme (CCOP), part of HEFCE’s (Higher Education Funding Council for England’s) national initiative to ensure Government targets to double the number of young people from WP backgrounds in Higher Education by 2020 are met. The post-holders will report to the CCOP Manager under the guidance of the Director for CCOP.
The University of Cumbria is the lead institution for CCOP - the Cumbria consortium, which includes partners ranging from higher education institutions, further education colleges and employers operating within Cumbria. The post will be based within the University of Cumbria but will work for the consortium and report to the CCOP Manager. The programme aims to work in identified target wards with specific young people in three key areas of Cumbria to provide sustained, progressive and intensive outreach in order to broaden aspirations and ultimately increase progression to higher education. There will be a post based in and responsible for co-ordinating the programme within each area - Carlisle and Eden, the West Coast and Furness, under the guidance of the CCOP Manager.
Initially funded until December 2018, it is intended that the programme run for a further two years up to 2020 should reasonable progress towards targets be demonstrated.
* Incremental progression up to £36,001
The University is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This role is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Please note that the successful applicant will be required to undergo a Disclosure check (via the Disclosure and Barring Service) and Clearance prior to confirmation of appointment.
Informal enquiries: Tamsin Rogers, Head of Widening Participation and WP Projects, email: email@example.com
Closing date: Monday 14 November 2016 (Midnight)
Interview date: Monday 28 November 2016 at Carlisle
Share this job
Type / Role: