Lecturer/Senior Lecturer/Reader in Sensors and Sensor Systems
Cranfield University - Cranfield Defence and Security
|Salary:||£41,153 to £70,367 per annum|
|Placed on:||7th November 2016|
|Closes:||7th December 2016|
Location: Shrivenham, Oxfordshire - Cranfield Defence and Security
Cranfield University’s School of Defence and Security (CDS) is undergoing exciting strategic change with growth opportunities for academic staff.
This post offers challenging and stimulating opportunities for academics with a background in Sensors and Sensor Systems. You will have subject matter expertise in at least one of the following:
- Sensors for Surveillance & Target Acquisition Systems
- Infra-Red Modelling
- Novel Camouflage Materials
- Electro-Optic Electronic Warfare
- Laser/Laser Systems
- Synthetic Aperture Radar/Instrumentation
- Design for UAV Sensor Packages
- Phased Array Antennas/Radar
- Novel Devices for Electro Magnetic Sensing
- Optical System Design
- Quantum Sensing technologies
- Novel Infrared Detectors
You will be expected to:
Design, develop, deliver and assess a range of MSc Modules in the field of Sensors and Sensor Systems.
- Generate and collaborate on bids for research funding.
- Supervise post graduate students at masters and doctoral level.
- Design, develop and deliver a range of Executive Education courses.
- Pursue an active research agenda and publish in key journals and deliver papers at conferences.
- Network and business development activities to enhance the Centre’s professional standing, reputation and impact.
In addition, a Senior Lecturer/Reader will provide leadership within the Centre by providing advice and guidance to colleagues, through mentoring and by acting as a role model.
You will have a PhD/doctorate (or nearing completion - for Lecturer post only), appropriate teaching experience within the Sensors and Sensor Systems fields; experience of teaching adults and readiness to gain PGCE (or equivalent) within 24 months of appointment and a track record of publications, including four or more academic journal papers.
Knowledge of the defence and security sectors, their priorities and practices is desirable.
Salary: Lecturer: £41,153 to £45,872 per annum (with additional performance related pay up to £57,340 per annum) Senior Lecturer/Reader: £50,507 to £56,295 per annum (with additional performance related pay up to £70,367 per annum)
Applicants for the Senior Lecturer/Reader role must have a teaching qualification (PGCE or equivalent) and/or Membership of Higher Education Academy and the ability to undertake original research and lead a small team.
Share this job
Type / Role:
South East England