Associate Professor in Clinical Psychology
James Cook University Singapore
|Placed on:||9th November 2016|
|Closes:||4th December 2016|
Applications are invited for an exciting opportunity as Associate Professor in Clinical Psychology (Ref. No.: TAHEAPCPSY) at James Cook University Singapore(JCUS).The position offers the successful applicant the opportunity to expand their cultural experience, live in a fascinating and exciting city and to contribute to the development of clinical psychology in Singapore and the region.
Established in 2003, JCU offers undergraduate and postgraduate programs from JCUA. JCUA is recognized internationally as a leading research university and is ranked in the top 2% of universities in the world (ARWU ranking). JCUS is the second largest of the three main campuses of JCU, which include Townsville and Cairns. The Academic Group in Psychology at JCUS offers APAC (Australian Psychological Accreditation Council) accredited Bachelor of Psychological Science(Honours), Master of Psychology(Clinical) and Doctor of Psychology(Clinical Psychology) degrees. Please visit http://www.jcu.edu.sg or http://www.jcu.edu.au for more information.
- Provide clinical supervision for intern clinical psychologists undertaking their internal placement at the Psychology Clinic or in external agencies
- Contribute to Academic Group in Psychology through teaching
- Provide research supervision for fourth-year students-Clinical Master and Doctoral students
- Maintain high level of professional activities including active research program
- Undertake leadership role within the discipline and in the campus
Key Selection Criteria:
- Doctoral level qualification in Clinical Psychology followed by minimum 2 years clinical experience
- Registration with Psychology Board of Australia, evidenced by current registration or previous registration in Australia.
- Evidence of quality teaching and clinical supervision of students in psychology at the undergraduate and/or postgraduate level
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective relations with colleagues in an academic environment and with people from diverse backgrounds
- Research skills in quantitative or qualitative methods and a track record of publications in a clinical field
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Membership(or eligibility for membership) of Australian Psychological Society(APS) and APS College of Clinical Psychologists
Dr Denise Dillon, Head of Academic Group-Psychology & Education: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fulltime continuing position subject to Ministry of Manpower Singapore jurisdiction and probationary period
An attractive package will be negotiated with the successful applicant (including relocation expenses and initial accommodation costs) commensurate with qualifications and experience. Candidates should note the relatively lower taxation rates in Singapore and the possibility of an annual wage supplement equal to a month’s salary at the end of the calendar year.
Method of Application
Applications should provide all of the following:
- up-to-date CV including research record
- full statement of qualifications
- statement systematically addressing the Selection Criteria
- teaching profile and recent teaching evaluations
- completed Summary Application Form
Please state the position and reference number you are applying for in subject header and send your application to email@example.com
Closing Date: 4 December 2016
We thank you for your interest and regret we are only able to notify shortlisted candidates. The University reserves the right to invite applications or, alternatively, not to make an appointment.
The JCUS (registered as James Cook University Pte Ltd in Singapore) is a wholly owned company of JCUA The University offers Bachelor & Master Programs in Business, Psychology, Information Technology & Education at JCUS.
Share this job
Type / Role:
Asia & Middle East