Finance Project Manager
The Institute of Ismaili Studies
|Salary:||£33,000 to £37,000|
|Contract Type:||Contract / Temporary|
|Placed on:||8th November 2016|
|Closes:||7th December 2016|
2 year Fixed Term Contract
Based London, Euston
The Institute of Ismaili Studies (IIS) works to promote scholarship and learning in the field of Muslim cultures and societies, historical as well as contemporary, and develop a better understanding of their relationship with other societies and faiths.
The IIS seeks to recruit a Finance Project Manager.
The III has a major need to upgrade the financial processes and procedures of the Institute and the implementation of new and/or revised financial policies and practices. Therefore, the IIS will need to manage through various changes and improvements which will be managed by the post-holder. The timeline for this project will be two years from the start date.
The Finance Project Manager will be responsible for understanding the current finance requirements and the future vision, and then devising the pathway to connect the two along with the implementation of the outcomes. Responsibilities will include developing financial policies, making decisions regarding spend requests, managing finance assistants, managing the yearly budget process, designing and editing all reports (which will need the use of Excel macros and Jet Reports) and liaising with external agencies and customers.
The successful candidate will be educated to degree level with a background in finance project management as well as an educational and working history in finance/accounting. Experience in editing and designing macro-enabled Excel reports and Jet Reports is essential. Familiarity with the accounting practices of the Ismaili Jamati Institutions is also necessary to carry out the role successfully. It is essential that the role holder has very robust knowledge of both MS NAV v4 and 2016 including a detailed knowledge of an enhanced NAV suite.
The following skills are essential:
- Experience in developing and implementing financial policies
- Finance project management experience
- Experience in analysing donation reports and donation campaigns
- Experience with the accounting practices of the Ismaili Jamati Institutions
- Detailed recent experience with MS Dynamics NAV v4 and 2016 both in financial configuration of the client (incl. data migration) and in transaction processing
- Detailed recent experience with Jet Reports in designing reports for a finance and non-finance audience
- Advanced MS Excel knowledge, including an advanced knowledge of macros and VBA.
- Very strong interpersonal and presentation skills; confidence in presenting to the entire organisation
- Persuasive skills to induce change of behaviour in terms of financial procedures and planning
- Experience of presenting to senior management
- Experience of providing training to staff, students and lecturers
Please apply with CV online at www.iis.ac.uk (Job Vacancies link) where you can also download the job description and person specification.
If you have any queries, please email Caroline Gomez in Human Resources email@example.com
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 7 December 2016
Share this job
Type / Role: