Associate Professor: Nossal Institute for Global Health
University of Melbourne - Melbourne School of Population and Global Health - Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences
£84,736.32 to £93,353.34 converted salary* p.a. (pro rata where applicable) plus 17% superannuation
|Hours:||Full Time, Part Time|
|Contract Type:||Contract / Temporary|
|Placed on:||16th November 2016|
|Closes:||15th January 2017|
The Nossal Institute is looking to recruit up to three academics with expertise in health systems development in the Asia Pacific region. We are looking for candidates who will fit into the Governance and Financing; Maternal, Sexual and Reproductive Health; and Disability Inclusive Health and Development Units but are also willing to consider candidates with expertise in different areas contributing to health system development.
The successful candidate for the Associate Professor position will:
- Significantly enhance Nossal Institute's research profile by attracting research grant income and publishing widely and in respected journals
- Contribute to our teaching programme (see website) in existing or new areas.
- Bring existing networks and build new partnerships in the Asia Pacific region and further afield
- Contribute to technical assistance and consultancy work with the aim of enhancing health systems development in the region, supporting the work of the Nossal Institute by contributing financially, building networks, and supporting research agendas.
Those interested in part-time appointments will be considered on an equal basis.
The incumbent will report to Director of Nossal Institute and have responsibilities to supervise research graduate students and research support staff.
We are making a global search for suitable candidates to bring the most promising academics in this area to Melbourne.
We also have the following positions available:
- Head of Education and Learning Unit (Level B/C – equivalent to Assistant/Associate Professor in most North American Universities)
- Research Fellow/Senior Research Fellow (Level B/C – equivalent to Assistant/Associate Professor in most North American Universities)
Interviews will be at the end of January 2017.
Close date: 15 January 2017
For position information and to apply online go to: http://jobs.unimelb.edu.au/caw/en/job/888959/associate-professor-nossal-institute-for-global-health
Share this job
Type / Role: