Examiners for World Studies Extended Essay
International Baccalaureate Organization
|Location:||Cardiff, Home Based|
|Salary:||All IB examiners are paid a fee per script marked.|
|Contract Type:||Contract / Temporary|
|Placed on:||9th November 2016|
|Closes:||9th January 2017|
|★ View Employer Profile|
The International Baccalaureate® (IB) is currently seeking to make the appointment of: Examiners for World Studies Extended Essay
The extended essay is an in-depth study of a focused topic intended to promote high-level research and writing skills, intellectual discovery and creativity. It provides students with an opportunity to engage in personal research in a topic of their own choice, under the guidance of a supervisor (a teacher in the school). This leads to a major piece of formally presented, structured writing, in which ideas and findings are communicated in a reasoned and coherent manner, appropriate to the subject chosen.
A world studies extended essay must focus on a topic of global significance and fall within one of the following themes:
- Conflict, peace and security
- Culture, identity and language
- Environmental and/or economic sustainability
- Equality and inequality
- Health and development
- Science, technology and society
We are seeking to recruit World Studies Extended Essay examiners in our Diploma Programme (DP) to mark externally assessed work. Appointed examiners will specialize in one of the above themes.
Applicants must have:
- a minimum of one year’s ongoing experience teaching a related subject to students aged 15 or above
- academic qualifications in a related subject at an appropriate level
- availability during the assessment period in order to complete marking (April-May or May-June)
- reliable broadband internet connection in an environment that is suitable for marking examination material.
All IB examiners are paid a fee per script marked. The greatest benefit to an examiner comes from the insight and the professional development that is acquired through the experience of examining. This experience helps teachers to improve the quality of their teaching.
For more information and to apply, please visit: http://www.ibo.org/examiners
Share this job
Type / Role: