John Smith Centre Development Officer
University of Glasgow - School of Social and Political Sciences
|Salary:||£27,629 to £31,076 per annum|
|Contract Type:||Contract / Temporary|
|Placed on:||10th November 2016|
|Closes:||8th December 2016|
The John Smith Centre for Public Service (JSC – ‘the Centre’) is seeking to recruit a Development Officer to help take its vision forward and contribute to the Centre’s growth and development. The post-holder will support and manage a diverse range of projects and activities, which spans the Centre’s various interests, and will also lead on the Centre’s administration and governance.
The Development Officer will work closely with the JSC Management Board, external consultants and range of other internal and external stakeholders.
The position will report and be responsible to the Management Board of the Centre, with day-to-day line management overseen by the Head of School Administration.
As a representative of the Centre, it is expected the individual will conduct himself/herself in a manner reflective of the professionalism, ethics, and culture of the organisation.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate and manage corporate projects and initiatives taken forward by the Centre. Support and co-ordination of research and knowledge exchange projects with academic staff across the College of Social Sciences.
- Liaise with the Development & Alumni Office to develop and deliver the Centre’s funding-raising and alumni-engagement strategies and plans.
- Organise and manage the Centre’s events, lectures and seminars.
- Act as a point of contact dealing with internal and external enquiries from University staff, the public, the media, and related organisations, providing advice and guidance related to the work of the Centre and ensuring more in-depth enquiries are referred to the appropriate person.
- Develop, manage and maintain the Centre’s web presence, social media accounts and other forms of publicity.
- Provide strategic and operational advice to the Centre’s Management Board as to the development and delivery of the Centre’s strategies and priorities.
- Oversee and manage the Centre’s budget and resources.
- Clerk the Centre’s Management Board and related sub-committees and forms, preparing agendas and papers and taking minutes.
- Manage the diary and schedule of Baroness Smith’s for Centre related-activities.
- Manage the appointment and engagement of interns for the Centre.
- Contribute to the enhancement of the University’s international profile in line with the University’s Strategic Plan, Glasgow 2020 – A Global Vision http://www.gla.ac.uk/media/media_180610_en.pdf
Standard Terms & Conditions
Salary will be on the Management, Professional and Administrative Grade, level 6, £27,629 - £31,076 per annum.
This post is funded for 2 years.
New entrants to the University will be required to serve a probationary period of 6 months.
The successful applicant will be eligible to join the Universities’ Superannuation Scheme. Further information regarding the scheme is available from the Superannuation Officer, who is also prepared to advise on questions relating to the transfer of Superannuation benefits.
The University has been awarded the Athena SWAN Institutional Bronze Award.
The University of Glasgow, charity number SC004401.
Vacancy reference: 015337.
It is anticipated that interviews will be held on 15 or 16 December 2016.
The University is committed to equality of opportunity in employment.
Share this job
Type / Role: