Head of Business Development - Space Science
STFC - The Science and Technology Facilities Council
|Salary:||£47,361 to £61,941|
|Placed on:||14th November 2016|
|Closes:||11th December 2016|
The Science and Technology Facilities Council (STFC) is responsible for supporting, co-ordinating and promoting research, innovation and skills development. Our uniqueness lies in the breadth of our remit and the sheer diversity of our portfolio, as we harness our world-leading expertise, facilities and resources to drive science and technology forward.
STFC’s RAL Space division carries out an exciting range of world-class space research and technology development. We have had significant involvement in over 200 space missions and are at the forefront of UK Space Research.
About the role
We now have an exciting opportunity for a Head of Business Development to work with RAL Space.
Based within STFC’s Business and Innovation Directorate, which enables STFC to maximise the impact of our intellectual property, expertise and facilities, you will have personal responsibility for generating external income in the most exciting technology development environment in the UK.
As Head of Business Development you will lead a dynamic team to seek new opportunities for RAL Space to work on commercial terms for industry or undertake new collaborative ventures which fit with STFC’s strategy to deliver impact to the UK economy.
Your role will be to understand the work of RAL Space and support new business opportunities through all stages of development, including the developments of new proposals by producing high quality content for identified bids.
You will be required to generate win themes that link customer needs with defined benefits of the STFC offering. You will be leading the commercial direction of RAL Space and managing the generation of new opportunities using your leadership and influencing talents.
- You will be qualified to at least degree level in physical sciences or engineering, with PhD qualified candidates desirable.
- You will be a highly experienced business development or marketing professional, with experience of working in a technical research environment, preferably in the space industry.
- You will be an experienced people manager, with significant commercial, financial and business acumen.
- You will display an understanding of authoring proposals, with active experience in bidding and tendering exercises.
- You will demonstrate outstanding communication, interpersonal and presentation skills, with the ability to build relationships and influence customers, partners and suppliers.
An exceptional index linked pension scheme, 30 days leave allowance and flexible working are offered, as well as an onsite nursery, subsidised restaurant, gym and sports facilities. A relocation allowance may also be available where applicable.
Full details of offered benefits can be found on STFC’s careers pages.
How to apply: The closing date for applications is 11th December.
Applications are handled by UK SBS; to apply please visit our job board at http://www.topcareer.jobs/Vacancy/irc237510_6838.aspx
If you experience any problems in applying for this job, or have any feedback for us about the application process, please contact our Recruitment Hotline on 01793 867000 (8.30am – 5.00pm Monday to Friday). Please quote the appropriate IRC reference number when calling.
Share this job
South East England