London South Bank University - School of Engineering
|Salary:||£23,000 to £25,000 per annum incl. London weighting.|
|Contract Type:||Contract / Temporary|
|Placed on:||16th November 2016|
|Closes:||18th December 2016|
An exciting opportunity has become available for a qualified graduate to take an operational lead in developing a mobile IT platform to improve resource utilisation on live construction projects in central London. This position is a 24 month fixed term contract, with a £2k per annum dedicated training budget tailored towards your personal development.
Qualifications We Require
As a minimum, you will hold an honours degree in Computer Science (2.1 or above) or a related subject. You will have the necessary experience to develop complex software, including mobile apps in java related languages. You will understand complete systems development life cycle and have current knowledge of the IT trends and their application in a commercial environment. Experience of working on developing and/or using IT systems for the construction sector would be a distinct advantage.
About Redrose M&E Limited
Redrose undertake specialist mechanical (plumbing), electrical (wiring and cabling) and public health construction from building construction through to final fitting. We offer clients a full design and construction service with an in-house design team providing expert M&E advice on which services will help clients to achieve stand out features that enhance final product and sales price. Find out more by visiting: www.redrosemande.co.uk/
About Knowledge Transfer Partnerships (KTPs)
A KTP is a partnership between a business and a university or research organisation, placing graduates on challenging, high profile projects. Each graduate works in the company on a project which is core to the strategic development of the business. Projects are fully supported by an academic team to transfer skills/knowledge from the university into the business.
Find out more about KTPs at LSBU by visiting: www.lsbu.ac.uk/business-and-partners/business/access-our-expertise/knowledge-transfer-ktp-and-ktc
The successful candidate must possess …
- Experience of machine architecture, machine language, data structures, software engineering, operating systems, databases, and user-centric design.
- Proficiency in developing complex software including mobile apps in Python, JAVA and HTML5.
- Experience of NoSQL such as MongoDB.
Essential skills we require as a minimum:
- You will be able to interpret and clearly articulate technical and complex information. You will be expected to present to a wide ranging audience including senior stakeholders.
- You will be proactive, able to influence others and build rapport quickly, developing long term relationships.
- You will enjoy responsibility, solving unexpected problems and challenging the status quo.
Share this job