College Services Administrator - Academic and Student Support
Kaplan International Colleges
|Salary:||£18,000 per annum + benefits|
|Placed on:||17th November 2016|
|Closes:||5th December 2016|
|★ View Employer Profile|
Set up in partnership with the University of Nottingham, which is ranked in the top 1% of Universities in the world, the University of Nottingham International College (TUNIC) will provide new routes for international students wishing to study on degrees at the University of Nottingham. Located on University Boulevard opposite the University campus, the college will open its doors to welcome students in January 2017, to deliver undergraduate foundation programmes and pre-Master’s programmes as well as a range of other support and extracurricular services.
About the roles
We are now looking for two highly organised, personable individuals to join our team and provide efficient, friendly support to our students in non-academic areas including registration, induction and welfare.
The role will be of particular interest to candidates who have strong administration and customer service experience in a fast-paced setting, a demonstrable desire to see international students achieve their goals and an interest in being involved in a setting up an operation and influencing its systems and processes.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Day-to-day customer service at the College Services reception desk to students, staff and visitors either in person, by telephone, SMS or email
- Organisation and running the college induction programme, with College Director’s guidance
- events, accommodation, financial or welfare administration as required
- Update student data management systems
- Conduct one-to-one support tutorials with students liaising with academic staff as appropriate
- Developing the College social programme including conceiving, organising and publicising events
- Assist the Student Services and Progression team as required
- Assisting with scheduling, timetabling and other academic administrative tasks and producing end of term reports, transcripts and certificates
- Processing of confidential detailed student information, including student attendance records
- Making best endeavours to be aware of and ensure compliance in areas including UKVI Tier 2
- Experience of working in a high-pressure, customer-facing environment, ideally education
- Proven interest or experience of working with international students
- Track record of strong customer service skills and teamwork
- Ability to work methodically and systematically
- An ability to work flexibly and keep pace in a changing environment
- Excellent Excel and IT skills
- Good attention to detail and accuracy
Application method and closing date
Please apply via our online application form, explaining why you believe you are a suitable candidate for the role and your motivation for joining our team.
If you would like to discuss the role informally, please contact Di Dale at email@example.com
Closing Date for Applications: Monday 5th December 2016 at 12 noon.
Kaplan International, a division of Kaplan, Inc., is a global education business. In our International Higher Education division, we offer a range of courses from University preparation programmes in the UK, Australia, USA, China, the Middle East and Nigeria through to full degree programmes, often in partnership with universities, at locations in Singapore, Hong Kong and Australia. Through our academic partnerships with leading universities, our expertise in international student recruitment and focus on first-rate pastoral care and student support, we offer international students high quality, flexible international higher education study opportunities. In the UK, we work in partnership with leading universities in Nottingham, Liverpool, Glasgow, Brighton, Bournemouth, Bristol, York and London.
Share this job
Type / Role:
Midlands of England