Knowledge Exchange Assistant with PhD Studentship
University of Stirling
|Salary:||£18,412 to £20,624 Grade 4, pro rata|
|Contract Type:||Contract / Temporary|
|Placed on:||17th November 2016|
|Closes:||11th December 2016|
Fixed term: 3 years
This position will be held along-side a part-time PhD, for which the fees are included in the package. 50% PhD studentship fees only for duration of employment.
Interviews are expected to take place during the week commencing 09 January 2017.
This new Centre, timed to commence operations in September 2016, will take forward the Salvation Army (TSA) Drug and Alcohol Strategy through collaborative working between TSA and the Faculty of Social Sciences in the University of Stirling. Within the Centre, the University of Stirling will deliver the following:
- New, interdisciplinary research on the addictions and on interventions that can prevent related problems for individuals, families and communities;
- Research on the impact of TSA services;
- Research synthesis through literature reviews, practice reviews and knowledge exchange activities;
- Dissemination of new and synthesized research through publication, including on-line publication;
- Policy analysis and policy briefing to inform the work of the Salvation Army;
- Education through accredited university programmes;
- Training for front line Salvation Army workers through cascaded training, short courses, workshops and stand-alone accredited modules.
A graduate in health or social sciences with service delivery experience, is required to support the work of the Centre by delivering day to day administrative support, online support and data management, and supporting internal/external communications of the SDAS project.
Description of Duties
Responsible to the Centre Director (Research)
- To establish as the primary point of contact within the SA Centre for all research related project information and develop, maintain and promote an understanding of the range of expertise within the Centre, acting as an interface between the Centre (University and TSA stakeholders), Faculty staff and other professional services.
- Provide management (as opposed to servicing) support for Centre working groups as required.
- Ensure that Centre information and staff profiles are up to date on all relevant mediums including online format and RMS system.
- Monitor and maintain appropriate records and management information for the Centre in line with university guidance and the Centre business plan.
- Monitor and maintain Centre records in collaboration with other Centre staff and partners as required.
- Coordinate timely collection of relevant data regarding service users from centres and floating support workers.
- Ensure gathering longitudinal case studies of service users, as relevant to research projects.
- Contribute to data analysis of service users, service KPI’s and impact performance indicators.
- Support the organisation of meetings and events: inviting participants, updating web information, booking of venues and organising catering, arranging relevant materials and technological support as required in coordination with other relevant Centre, Faculty and TSA staff with responsibility for communications and marketing.
- Monitor and process budgetary information in line with university regulations.
- Administer and process travel and accommodation requirements within the Centre in line with the university financial regulations.
- Be responsible for ensuring that the information and records are managed in compliance with the university, legislative and codes of practice.
- Provide support for the education activities of the Centre managing and administering on-line education resources, including course materials and on-line library.
- Assist in developing and drafting knowledge exchange materials emanating from the Centre, in collaboration with other staff.
- Provide general administrative duties across the Centre as required depending on resources and priorities.
- Any other relevant administrative duties commensurate with the grade.
For further information, including essential criteria and details on how to apply, please see www.stir.ac.uk/jobs
Share this job
Type / Role: