Postdoctoral Research Associate
University of Reading - School of Psychology and Clinical Language Sciences
|Contract Type:||Contract / Temporary|
|Placed on:||17th November 2016|
|Closes:||18th December 2016|
|★ View Employer Profile|
Applications are invited for a postdoctoral research associate position. The successful applicant will work on a longitudinal project on the role of language and cognitive skills in the comprehension of oral narrative texts in children with English as an Additional Language (EAL). The project is directed by Professor Ludovica Serratrice and is based in the School of Psychology and Clinical Language Sciences.
You will have:
- Excellent communication, organization and time management skills.
- Advanced proficiency in the statistical modelling of longitudinal data.
- First-rate writing skills for the dissemination of the findings to academic and non-academic audiences.
- An interest in typical language development and in bilingualism.
- Experience with the recruitment of children in primary schools.
- Familiarity with language testing protocols with primary school children.
The post is full time, fixed term for 34 months.
Informal contact details
Contact role: Professor of Bi-Multilingualism
Contact name: Prof. Ludovica Serratrice
Contact email: email@example.com
The University is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce and we welcome applications for job-share, part-time and flexible working arrangements which will be considered in line with business needs.
Share this job
Type / Role: