Dairy Cow Nutrition Scientist
The Agriculture and Food Development Authority - Teagasc
|Placed on:||18th November 2016|
|Closes:||9th December 2016|
Location: Teagasc Animal & Grassland Research and Innovation Centre, Moorepark Fermoy Co. Cork.
Grade/Salary: Research Officer. The current salary scale for this post is €31,729 to €62,700. Starting pay will be at the minimum of the scale per Government Circular E100/8/82. Exceptional circumstances may apply for candidates with current or recent previous service in the public sector (including Teagasc), subject to meeting the criteria as set out by Government. Remuneration may be adjusted from time to time in line with Government Policy.
Post Type: Permanent Appointment
A panel may be formed from which future similar vacancies may be filled; such a panel will remain active for a maximum period of 12 months.
Basic Function: To develop, lead and implement a research programme in the area of grass-based dairy cow nutrition with particular emphasis on:
- Chemical and nutritive value of forages
- Ruminant digestion and feed utilisation
- Animal nutrient requirements
- Diet formulation and evaluation
- Prediction of dairy cow performance from pasture
Note: The ‘Essential’ qualifications, skills and knowledge outlined below are ‘must-have’ which will be used in the shortlisting process.
- Candidates must have an Honours Level 8 degree in animal nutrition or a related discipline.
- PhD in a relevant discipline
- Note: While a PhD is an essential requirement for this post, equivalent research experience may be deemed acceptable solely at the discretion of the Director of Teagasc
- Post-doctoral experience in dairy cow nutrition research would be a distinct advantage.
How to Apply: An Application Form for this position can be accessed on the Teagasc website at www.teagasc.ie/careers.
Completed Application Forms should be TYPED and saved in PDF Format and submitted by email to email@example.com no later than 12 midnight on Friday 9th December 2016.
Please state relevant reference code in all correspondence.
Teagasc is an equal opportunities employer. Canvassing will disqualify.
Share this job
Type / Role:
Republic of Ireland