University of Cambridge - University of Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership
|Salary:||£34,956 to £46,924|
|Placed on:||18th November 2016|
|Closes:||7th December 2016|
|★ View Employer Profile|
This is an exciting opportunity to join the University of Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership's Executive Programmes team - a 16-strong group that works with individuals and leading organisations to develop and explore opportunities from sustainable business and to build practical approaches to driving change.
Through a blend of open programmes and highly customised initiatives, we provide access to the latest evidence and cross-disciplinary thinking, to new business models, and to decision-making tools and approaches.
We are looking for an exceptional individual to help us develop and deliver this expanding portfolio of work ¿ contributing to our ambitions for growth and impact in the UK and internationally.
Your role will involve managing key initiatives from the planning stage through to delivery and post-programme follow up and evaluation. It will be your responsibility to work with Programme Directors to ensure that programmes are delivered within budget, in a timely and efficient manner, and achieve their objectives including high levels of client satisfaction. In addition, the candidate will contribute to the business development process through client research, market analysis and the development of proposals.
Besides being committed to the values that underpin CISL's work, applicants will be expected to demonstrate the following essential skills and experience:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including powerpoint presentations, analytical reports and meeting facilitation skills
- Strong relationship-management skills and a proven ability to grow and maintain relationships with clients and other external stakeholders such as delivery partners and programme Faculty
- Proven ability to analyse and present information efficiently and effectively, informed by desk research
- A thorough understanding of the broad landscape of sustainability issues, trends and pressures, and the relevance of these to leadership development and business
- Strong project management and organisational skills including experience of financial planning, and developing and maintaining budgets
- The ability to manage, mentor and motivate other members of the team
- High level of competence across standard software packages including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Qualification to at least degree level
The following attributes will also be desirable:
- Experience of proposal and bid writing, in particular in relation to sustainability issues
- Research and analytical skills, in particular relating to business action for sustainability
- Experience of designing educational courses and/or managing events
- Qualification to Master's level in a relevant field
Previous applicants for this post need not re-apply.
To apply online for this vacancy and to view further information about the role, please visit: http://www.jobs.cam.ac.uk/job/11505. This will take you to the role on the University’s Job Opportunities pages. There you will need to click on the 'Apply online' button and register an account with the University's Web Recruitment System (if you have not already) and log in before completing the online application form.
If you have any questions about this vacancy please contact Nicola Wright, Head of HR & Business Services on email@example.com.
Please quote reference EN10158 on your application and in any correspondence about this vacancy.
The University values diversity and is committed to equality of opportunity.
The University has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Share this job
Type / Role:
South East England