Associate Director, Executive Education – Europe
The University of Chicago Booth School of Business
|Placed on:||22nd November 2016|
|Expires:||22nd January 2017|
The University of Chicago Booth School of Business is one of the world’s largest and oldest business schools. It offers full-time and part-time MBA programs, a Ph.D. program, open enrollment Executive Education and custom corporate education. It is the first U.S. business school with permanent campuses on three continents: Asia, Europe and North America. The London campus is home to open enrolment and custom executive education activities and the Executive MBA Program-Europe.
We are growing our executive education activities in Europe. The role is a mix of business development and program management, with an emphasis on business development.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Support sales activities and assist in implementing marketing and sales plans for open enrollment programs.
- Initiate contact with targeted companies and executives, articulate our capabilities and solicit referrals from past participants.
- Generate leads for open enrolment programs, conduct interviews with candidates on the phone or in person.
- Prepare marketing materials. Plan and coordinate implementation of marketing activities. Maintain and evaluate the effectiveness of marketing mailing lists.
- Conduct competitors and market assessments.
- Maintain Salesforce up-to-date.
- Travelling expected – mainly in Europe but also in the Middle East.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Prepare and implement operational plans for a portfolio of programs.
- Gather information and prepare reports of financial performance.
- Assist in preparing budgets; authorize payment for materials, facilities, staff and instructional faculty.
- Act as the primary point of contact for executives and faculty before, during, and after programs.
- Initiate and maintain communications with participants about program logistics.
- Implement evaluations of programs and provide information for curriculum revisions.
- Supervise the use of intellectual property and materials preparation.
- Coordinate work with copywriters, designers, printers, and mailers.
- Plan and schedule workflow, set priorities and insure that deadlines are met.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Help plan and execute special events targeted at our existing and potential client base.
- Assist and participate in other activities as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- A first degree; master’s degree preferred.
- At least 5 years of executive education, management development or related experience preferred.
- Outstanding written, oral, and interpersonal skills required. Fluency in second European language preferred.
- Ability to interact successfully with diverse constituencies and to shift responsibilities based on market fluctuations and departmental needs is required.
- Proven ability to interface with and engage senior level clients, to include translating their organization’s needs into executable deliverables required.
- Computer proficiency in MS Office.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment with multiple tasks and strong customer service and profit-driven goals.
- Ability to work independently, under pressure and to meet deadlines consistently required.
Measures of Success
- Positive feedback from faculty and participants.
- Willingness to support Executive Education colleagues worldwide.
- Regularly meeting or exceeding targets and deadlines.
- Evidence of creativity, independent judgment, and continuous improvement in all required duties.
- Successful planning and delivery of programs.
Working hours: 9.00 – 17.30 Monday to Friday. Early morning, evening hours and
weekends may be required to support programs or for business trips.
Salary and Benefits
Chicago Booth offers an attractive benefits package including Private Medical Insurance, a contributory pension scheme, interest-free travel card and more.
Authorization to legally work in the UK.
If you wish to be considered for this position, please send a detailed cover letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Share this job
Type / Role: