Project Manager - AD1668SB
University of St Andrews - IT Services
|Salary:||£39,324 to £48,327 per annum|
|Contract Type:||Contract / Temporary|
|Placed on:||21st November 2016|
|Closes:||19th December 2016|
The Business Transformation Portfolio Office at the University of St Andrews is seeking to appoint a Project Manager to support the delivery of change initiatives across the University and to assist in the continuous improvement of change-related processes, leading to improved customer service and business efficiency.
The portfolio office provides expertise in project management, business analysis, lean and change management.
Candidates should be educated to degree level or equivalent and have significant project management experience using recognised methods, preferably for both Waterfall and Agile methodologies. Experience of undertaking business analysis, lean or change management roles, along with any supporting qualifications, is highly desirable. A good understanding of Higher Education processes and/or working within programmes would be an advantage.
Candidates are expected to be resourced immediately on to projects, with minimal training required.
Additionally candidates should be able to demonstrate:
- Detailed knowledge of the principles and practice of project management.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively as a project team leader, as part of a team, and collaboratively with staff at all levels.
- Good facilitation skills.
- Good relationship management skills.
- Ability to lead, motivate and influence staff.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with a wide range of stakeholders, both internal and external to the University.
- Ability to assess and organise resources and plan and progress project activities to achieve results and deal successfully with a range of issues.
- Customer focused approach with the ability to understand University and customer goals/priorities.
- Ability to show initiative and develop creative approaches to problem solving and develop appropriate solutions.
- Good written, numeric and analytical skills. Confident with reporting and spreadsheets.
This is a 3 year fixed term post.
In 2018 the University will establish purpose built office accommodation at Guardbridge, by St Andrews, to provide a state of the art working environment for a number of our Professional Services Units. It is anticipated that up to 350 Professional Services staff from a range of Units will be based in the new development at Guardbridge. This post may be primarily based at Guardbridge.
Applications are particularly welcome from women, who are under-represented in IT posts at the University. You can find out more about Equality & Diversity at https://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/hr/edi/.
The University of St Andrews is committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all, which is further demonstrated through its working on the Gender and Race Equality Charters and being awarded the Athena SWAN award for women in science, HR Excellence in Research Award and the LGBT Charter; http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/hr/edi/diversityawards/.
Please quote ref: AD1668SB
Further Particulars: AD1668SB FPs.pdf
Share this job
Type / Role: