Business Analyst - AD1673SB
University of St Andrews - IT Services
|Salary:||£39,324 to £48,327 per annum|
|Contract Type:||Contract / Temporary|
|Placed on:||21st November 2016|
|Closes:||19th December 2016|
The Business Transformation Portfolio Office (BTPO) at the University of St Andrews is seeking to appoint a Business Analyst to support the delivery of change initiatives across the University and to assist in the continuous improvement of change-related processes, leading to improved customer service and business efficiency.
The BTPO provides expertise in project management, business analysis, lean and change management.
Candidates should be educated to degree level or equivalent and have significant experience in the provision of a wide range of business analysis services in a large complex organisation. Experience of previous involvement in programme and project management, lean or change management roles, along with any supporting qualifications, is highly desirable. A good understanding of Higher Education processes and/or working within programmes would be an advantage.
Candidates are expected to be resourced immediately on to projects, with minimal training required.
Additionally candidates should be able to demonstrate:
- In depth knowledge of BA techniques and other relevant tools.
- Good interpersonal skills and a proven ability to work co-operatively with multi-disciplinary groups/teams.
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to distil large amounts of data into concise recommendations for action.
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills.
- Ability to show initiative and develop novel solutions to complex problems.
- Excellent facilitation skills with the ability to work confidently with all levels in the organisation.
- Excellent time management skills.
- High level of influencing and motivational skills.
This is a 3 year fixed term post.
In 2018 the University will establish purpose built office accommodation at Guardbridge, by St Andrews, to provide a state of the art working environment for a number of our Professional Services Units. It is anticipated that up to 350 Professional Services staff from a range of Units will be based in the new development at Guardbridge. This post may be primarily based at Guardbridge.
Applications are particularly welcome from women, who are under-represented in IT posts at the University. You can find out more about Equality & Diversity at https://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/hr/edi/.
The University of St Andrews is committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all, which is further demonstrated through its working on the Gender and Race Equality Charters and being awarded the Athena SWAN award for women in science, HR Excellence in Research Award and the LGBT Charter; http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/hr/edi/diversityawards/.
Please quote ref: AD1673SB
Further Particulars: AD1673SB FPs.pdf
Share this job
Type / Role: