English Language and Academic Skills Tutor
Kaplan International Colleges
|Salary:||£28.60 per hour|
|Placed on:||21st November 2016|
|Closes:||5th December 2016|
|★ View Employer Profile|
Sessional, up to 15 hours per week in term time.
We are recruiting a English Language Tutors to deliver engaging, effective English language and Academic Skills classes to international students at the University of Nottingham International College.
Set up in partnership with the University of Nottingham, which is ranked in the top 1% of Universities in the world, the University of Nottingham International College (TUNIC) will provide new routes for international students wishing to study on degrees at the University of Nottingham. Located on University Boulevard opposite the University campus, the college will open its doors to welcome students in January 2017, to deliver undergraduate foundation programmes and pre-Master’s programmes as well as a range of other support and extracurricular services.
As a Sessional Tutor in Science, your role will involve:
- Preparing and delivering modules in your subject area
- Providing assistance with module examinations and other forms of assessment
- Using the Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) to facilitate teaching and learning
- Providing feedback for related modules to the annual review and reporting process
- Maintaining an accurate and up-to-date record of student attendance and performance
- Providing, when required, academic learning support to a small number of students through the 1:1 tutorial system
To be considered for the role, you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree as a minimum
- DELTA qualification or MA in Applied Linguistics
- Successful teaching and coordinating experience within a UK higher/further education/ESL context
- Experience in delivering academic and pastoral tutorials
- Ability to develop and update teaching material, ideally experience of a Virtual Learning Environment.
- Good IT skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail, etc).
- Strong record-keeping skills.
- Knowledge or experience of assessment within a UK higher education context
- Flexibility and willingness to work under pressure to deadlines.
- Enthusiasm for your subject and an ability to inspire excellence in others
Application method and closing date
If you meet the requirements of the position and are excited by the opportunity of working in a fast-paced international education environment, please apply with a CV and covering letter stating how you meet the requirements of the role.
If you would like to discuss the role informally, please contact Di Dale at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date for Applications: Monday 5th December 2016 at 12 noon
Interviews: week of 12 December, 2016
Kaplan International, a division of Kaplan, Inc., is a global education business. In our International Higher Education division, we offer a range of courses from University preparation programmes in the UK, Australia, USA, China, the Middle East and Nigeria through to full degree programmes, often in partnership with universities, at locations in Singapore, Hong Kong and Australia. Through our academic partnerships with leading universities, our expertise in international student recruitment and focus on first-rate pastoral care and student support, we offer international students high quality, flexible international higher education study opportunities. In the UK, we work in partnership with leading universities in Nottingham, Liverpool, Glasgow, Brighton, Bournemouth, Bristol, York and London.
Share this job
Type / Role:
Midlands of England