University Of The Arts London - University Disability Services - Academic Development and Services
|Salary:||£43,961 to £52,965 per annum|
|Contract Type:||Contract / Temporary|
|Placed on:||22nd November 2016|
|Closes:||6th December 2016|
Why choose us?
University of the Arts London is a vibrant world centre for innovation, drawing together six Colleges with international reputations in art, design, fashion, communication and performing arts.
Every position within the University plays an important part in shaping future creative professionals, and impacts on the future of many creative industries. Expert management of the organisation is essential to ensuring that this continues and so will your contribution to the University Disability Service.
The Role (15 months)
You will work closely with the Head of the Disability Service and its management team to coordinate the work of a large disability team that delivers advice and support to disabled student across the University.
- Lead our team of ten Disability Advisers. Being responsible for the delivery of high quality, consistent advice
- Oversee relationships with external disability support work providers
- Line-manage two Senior Disability Advisers who in turn manage four Disability Advisers
- Deputise for the Head of Service
- Provide information, advice and guidance to students, particularly those with complex access needs
- Provide consultancy and training on disability equality and inclusivity, including making adjustments in relation to teaching, learning and assessment
- Lead on specific aspects of the University’s disability provision, and manage cross-institution projects aimed at enhancing inclusivity.
You will have experience of advice-giving and line management and hold a management qualification. You will have a thorough knowledge of the social model of disability and the disability provisions of the Equality Act (2010). Experience of working in Further or Higher Education is desirable but not essential, provided that you know how the legislation applies within Further- and Higher Education contexts. You will have successful experience of collaborating and encouraging inclusive practices, as well as working in a team, project-management and problem-solving. In addition, you will be educated to degree level and hold a management qualification.
In return, University of the Arts London offers generous leave, an attractive salary pension and a commitment to your continuing personal development and training in an environment that encourages excellence, creativity and diversity. Relocation assistance is available.
If you have any queries you may contact Lola Obileye, Academic Development and Services Recruitment Administrator via email: ADSRecruitment@arts.ac.uk or telephone: 020 7514 9627.
Share this job
Type / Role: