Senior Analyst (Innovation, Health and Science)
|Salary:||£33,000 to £38,000|
|Placed on:||23rd November 2016|
|Closes:||30th January 2017|
Reports to: Research Group Director
We wish to recruit an exceptional candidate at Senior Analyst level with a track record in Health services/health systems or public health research at Masters or PhD level, and good understanding of health and healthcare challenges and priorities in the UK and Europe.
RAND Europe was established in 1992 and is a Community Interest Company (not-for-profit) owned by the US policy research institution the RAND Corporation. Our mission is to help improve policy- and decision-making through evidence-based research and analysis.
RAND Europe has three research groups: the Home Affairs and Social Policy group (which provides expertise in the areas of justice and social policies), the Defence, Security and Infrastructure group (which provides expertise in defence strategy and policy, internal and external security, and transport technology), and the Innovation, Health and Science group.
The Innovation, Health and Science group within RAND Europe conducts a wide-ranging portfolio of research for a diverse client base in the UK, Europe and beyond, across a wide spectrum of policy issues including:
- Funding and support of science, technology and innovation
- Translating research into innovation
- Healthcare organisation, policy and governance
- Health economics
Health and healthcare position
You will work in a strong team-based environment to conduct analysis relating to key areas of health services and policy in the UK, European and global settings. Specific areas of focus include healthcare organisation and service delivery, quality of care, evaluating new models of care, innovation in health care, medical research, policy analysis and public health.
We are looking for someone with a health or social science background (ideally qualified to PhD level) - including health services research, public health, health economics, medical sociology, applied statistics and epidemiology - and with experience of applying skills to policy problems.
Addresses complex policy questions by conducting research and analysis on behalf of clients and support the research group in winning proposals and delivering multiple projects.
- Contributes to research group revenue targets
- Manages medium sized projects
- Leads communications with clients
- Prepares a range of written outputs for range of audiences, including policy makers
- Leads proposal-writing process with senior support
- Identifies business development opportunities and acts on them with senior support
- Facilitates development of others' project management and methodological skills
Skills and Experience
- Policy relevant research and analysis
- Client management
- Successful proposal-writing
- Management of medium sized research projects
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Intermediate Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Post graduate degree or equivalent
- Awareness of the markets in which RAND operates
As a member of the team you will enjoy
- 8% Employer contribution Pension
- Bupa Medical insurance
- Childcare vouchers
- Flexible working arrangement
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Group Life Assurance
- Generous Holiday allowance
- A friendly multinational work environment
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Employee Wellbeing Initiatives
How to apply
If you feel that you have the qualities to be a part of our team please submit an application via the RAND Europe’s online careers portal. You will need to submit a CV, covering letter and a short writing sample (up to 3 pages, aimed at a non-technical audience). Please note your CV, covering letter and writing sample will need to be submitted as one document.
The deadline for applications is 30th January 2017
Share this job
Type / Role:
South East England