Lead Information Analyst
Medical Research Council - MRC Head Office
|Salary:||£37,024 to £48,297 (including London location allowances)|
|Contract Type:||Contract / Temporary|
|Placed on:||22nd November 2016|
|Closes:||8th January 2017|
|★ View Employer Profile|
4 years fixed-term Contract (full time)
MRC Head Office, based in London (or Swindon at the applicant’s discretion)
This role is an exciting opportunity to lead the continuing development of the Medical Research Council’s (MRC) research impact analysis programme. In this role, you will shape a dynamic plan of work to enrich the analysis and communication of information to allow us to understand and track how impact arises and evidence the value of the MRC’s research programmes.
You will have excellent statistical and modelling skills, be ready to develop and pilot new ways of utilising existing data, and have an enthusiastic, organised and collaborative approach to projects.
The main purpose of your role will be to:
- develop strategic capacity and innovative methodology in evaluation analysis.
- co-ordinate the infrastructure, analysis and dissemination of information relating to outputs, outcomes and impacts of MRC funded research, for a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- represent MRC in cross-council groups or projects, providing advice crucial to the leadership, strategic direction and maintenance of key stakeholder relationships.
The UK Medical Research Council is a national organisation funded by the UK taxpayer. We fund research excellence in all areas of biomedical and related science, with the aim of improving human health and contributing to the wealth of the nation.
We pride ourselves on giving you the opportunity to undertake formal and informal development activities to help you get the most from your role here and to support your career development.
Choosing to come to work at the MRC means that you will have access to excellent employee benefit schemes, including an exceptional pension scheme, green travel assistance and healthcare contributions. Flexible working and child-care assistance are also available to support employees with family responsibilities.
To join us you will:
- be educated to degree level or equivalent.
- hold qualifications in SQL Server 2005 and Server Management Studio (or equivalent).
- have skills and experience in data management and reporting tools, including advanced Excel skills.
- have proven analytical skills with experience working with complex data collection and analysis.
- have the ability to develop new analysis methods to support an organisation’s strategic needs.
- be experienced in stakeholder management, allowing effective dissemination of information, introduction of new ideas and developing productive relationships, both internal and external.
This role is based in our Head Office in London, Kemble Street, but is also available to candidates who wish to work in our Swindon Head Office location.
Applications are handled by UK Shared Business Services; to apply please visit our job board at http://www.topcareer.jobs/Vacancy/irc238629_6847.aspx Applicants who are unable to apply online should contact us by telephone on 01793 867000. Please quote reference number IRC238629.
Closing Date: 8 January 2017
Share this job
Type / Role: