European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL)
|Salary:||Grade 3 or 4; depending on qualification and experience|
|Contract Type:||Contract / Temporary|
|Placed on:||22nd November 2016|
|Closes:||30th December 2016|
Contract Duration: 1 year
The European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL) is one of the highest ranked scientific research organisations in the world. The Headquarters Laboratory is located in Heidelberg (Germany), with additional sites in Grenoble (France), Hamburg (Germany), Hinxton (UK) and Monterotondo (Italy).
- Ensure the timely and accurate processing of invoices and payments
- Verify the correctness of allocations in the general ledger
- Reporting vendor status, i.e. being aware of vendor aging
- Follow-up on creditor related issues and the tracking thereof
- Ensure appropriate verification of supplier banking details, in-line with company policy
- Maintain creditor master data files
- Maintaining creditors’ files and supporting documentation and the archiving of documentation
- Ensure payment to suppliers are made on time, maximizing discounts
- Liaison with creditors in a professional manner
- Follow up on all creditors enquiries received and resolving all queries
- Assist in the estimation and recording of accruals
- Dealing with DE vendor queries directed from Switchboard and Outstations
Travel claims, staff related deductions and credit card transactions
- Ensure the timely and accurate processing of travel claims and credit card transactions for EMBL corporate cards, ensuring accurate allocation in the general ledger.
Back up for the post/scan function
- Barcoding and scanning incoming invoices, travels, etc.
- Mailing and picking up the post, distributing incoming correspondence
- Archiving the EMBL HD and outstations invoices
- Assistance with ad hoc tasks within the accounting department that may be required bz the Senior Accounts Officer
- The post holder will report directly to the Senior Accounts Officer and will work closely with the Accounting, Purchasing and Scientific groups as well as external contacts like vendors and others. The larger area of your responsibilities will be in the accounts payable area.
Qualifications and Experience
- Accounting knowledge or background in finance (Essential)
- Fluent German or fluent English (Essential)
- Working knowledge of the second language (Desirable)
- Commercial qualifications (Desirable)
- SAP FI or SAP MM modules (Desirable)
- Other European languages (Desirable)
Please apply online through www.embl.org/jobs
EMBL is an inclusive, equal opportunity employer offering attractive conditions and benefits appropriate to an international research organisation.
Please note that appointments on fixed term contracts can be renewed, depending on circumstances at the time of the review.
Share this job
Type / Role: