Faculty Position in Information Technology
Laureate Online Education in Partnership with the University of Liverpool
|Contract Type:||Contract / Temporary|
|Placed on:||22nd November 2016|
|Closes:||31st December 2016|
Laureate Online Education, in partnership with The University of Liverpool runs highly successful programmes leading to the University of Liverpool award of: Master of Science in Information Technology; Master of Science in Information Systems Management; Master of Science in Software Engineering; Master of Science in Computer and Information Security; and Master Web Science and Big Data. They are accredited by the British Computer Society. These programmes have international reach in terms of both students and teachers. Excellent initial training in online teaching is available together with ongoing opportunities for Continuous Professional Development. We have an excellent reputation for high quality teaching standards and expert support for our online faculty community.Currently, the Laureate Online Education, in partnership with the University, is accepting applications for Online Faculty for the Masters in Information Technology programmes. Faculty will have both teaching and dissertation advising responsibility.
The University of Liverpool online programmes provide an excellent learning experience for students and teaching opportunity for faculty using an engaging learning model. Teaching is text based and asynchronous. As student numbers increase, recruitment of additional online faculty is continuing. Laureate Online Education welcomes applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds and/or experience in teaching and research. Individuals with strong academic backgrounds combined with information technology experience in the areas above are particularly welcome.
The cover letter and the CV should detail the applicant's relevant experience, including industry positions and university posts held, duration and the subjects taught. Please also provide details about academic qualifications, including journal publications, conference papers and other scholarly contributions, as well as other related experience.
Applicants must review the relevant module details on our programme website at http://www.university-liverpool-online.com/programmes/informationtechnology
Qualifications and Experience:
- A Doctorate in a computer-related field from an accredited programme is strongly preferred, but candidates with a Master’s degree in a related field with significant industry experience will also be considered.
- A minimum of one-year of teaching experience at a Masters degree level, with online teaching experience preferred.
- Excellent written communication skills in English.
- Experience of working with students from different cultural backgrounds.
- Facilitative disposition towards highly motivated adult learners
- University teaching experience in relevant discipline (especially Post-Graduate teaching experience).
- Familiarity with the UK higher education system.
- On-line teaching experience.
- Experience/education in the Cyber Security and/or Big Data subject areas
Selected candidates will be trained online during a four-week training session to be scheduled in early February 2017. Training is conducted 100% online and is not restricted to specific hours.
The deadline for applications is December 31, 2016
Positions require a high level of commitment, including the flexibility to facilitate classes and advise dissertation students, and respond to student learning needs on multiple days of the week, including weekends. Faculty members are paid on a per-module basis, or per-dissertation student basis.
Share this job
Type / Role: