Student Support and Engagement Officer
University of Kent - Kent Business School
|Salary:||£26,829 to £31,076|
|Placed on:||22nd November 2016|
|Closes:||8th December 2016|
Are you experienced and skilled in providing pastoral support to students? Do you have experience of leading and managing a team?
This is a new position and an exciting opportunity for someone to play a key role within the Kent Business School (KBS) at Medway. You will design and implement a range of activities focussed on improving student performance and engagement.
You will be the primary adviser to KBS students on pastoral matters and will be expected to work with a high level of autonomy, often dealing with complex and challenging situations. You must be approachable and confident; sensitive and understanding and also, on occasion, be firm in dealing with a wide range of students.
If you have the skills and experience we are looking for, this full time and on-going position is an ideal opportunity to join a unique environment that offers excellent staff benefits.
As Student Support and Engagement Officer you will:
- Provide initial student facing pastoral support to Kent Business School (KBS) students.
- Ensure that the Personal Academic Support System (PASS) within the School meets Institutional requirements and best practice.
- Develop and co-ordinate the provision of intervention programmes to support students.
To be successful in this role you will have
- Experience of working with student data systems and an appreciation of the processes.
- Knowledge of and commitment to ensuring access to learning and issues relating to disability, equality and diversity.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, being able to communicate effectively and clearly both verbally and in writing.
If you have the skills and experience we are looking for, this is a great opportunity for you to join an excellent team in a unique environment that offers excellent training, benefits and future prospects.
Kent Business School (KBS) is one of the UK’s top 30 business schools and has the ambition to grow in both calibre and size. We are entrepreneurial and international in outlook and view ourselves as a research-intensive business school that produces rigorous and applicable knowledge. We are committed to developing employable graduates and informing the practice of management for a sustainable future. The appointment of new and highly motivated staff has transformed the research culture within the School, attracting interest nationally and internationally.
Interviews are to be held: 19 December 2016.
If you require further information regarding the application process please contact Caren Ward on email@example.com.
Please note - applications must be made via the University’s online application system. CVs or details sent directly to the department or via email cannot be considered.
Share this job
Type / Role:
South East England