Graduate Consultant - Control Systems (Rail)
SNC-Lavalin Rail & Transit Limited
|Placed on:||24th November 2016|
|Closes:||24th January 2017|
SNC-Lavalin Rail & Transit provides end-to-end rail solutions which enable millions of people across the world to reach their destinations quickly, efficiently and safely every day.
Our UK Rail & Transit graduate scheme is accredited by the IMechE, IET and CILT and has employed over 120 graduates since its launch in 1998. The two year scheme provides a clear route for engineers with an enthusiasm for rail into this buoyant industry whilst giving you the flexibility and opportunity to drive your own career. Upon joining us you will be partnered with one of the business’ Chartered Engineers as your “mentor” as well as one of our previous Graduates who will act as your scheme “buddy”. Your mentor will support you through the two years of the scheme and a further two years of continued professional development as part of our Fast Track Program to becoming Chartered.
The scheme is broken into four core elements;
- The induction & on-boarding program, a busy but exciting four week schedule, aimed at integrating you into the business and the industry. This includes a team building week away, which will give you the chance to experience hands-on rail engineering. It also provides an opportunity to build professional relationships with peers and like-minded professionals to last your career.
- Internal placements are carried out in a number of departments, including Design, Maintenance, Specialist Engineering, Projects, Systems Consulting, Safety & Assurance and Sales & Marketing.
- External placements at depots and manufacturers which give you hands on experience of maintaining and overhauling rail vehicles completing your turnkey experience within the rail environment.
- Our core training courses allow you to build both your technical and soft skills with a modules supporting leadership, presenting, report writing, practical workshop skills and design & build projects.
What are the Graduate benefits like?
We offer ongoing mentoring, training and support, competitive salaries, enhanced pension contributions, 33 days annual leave (including Bank Holidays), medical reimbursement plans, gym membership subsidies, flexible working hours and a host of other benefits supporting a range of lifestyles.
Am I suitable?
- Are you studying (or have studied) an MEng degree and be expected to achieve (or have achieved) a minimum of a 2.2?
- Is your course accredited by the IMechE or IET?
- Have you achieved a grade C or above in A-Level Maths and Physics or equivalent?
- Do you have strong communication skills in the English language, including demonstrable strength in report writing?
We have two application periods over the academic year. Applications received between now and December 9th 2016 will be welcomed to interview w/c 11th January 2017. Applications after 9th December will then have until our final closing date of 24th February 2017 for our final wave of interviews on w/c 27th March 2017.
Following each application period's cut off point, successful candidates will be contacted by the UK Recruiter for a short telephone interview before then being invited on to our face to face interviews in our London or Derby offices.
We will reimburse any travel costs incurred by you when attending, in accordance with our expenses policy. We aim to inform all candidates of their interview outcome within five working days.
Share this job
Midlands of England