Associate Professorship (or Professorship) in Spanish Golden Age Literature and Tutorial Fellowship in Spanish at Exeter College
University of Oxford - Exeter College, Oxford, in association with Keble College, Oxford and The Faculty of Medieval and Modern Languages
|Salary:||£45,562 to £61,179 per annum (plus Housing Allowance of £8,577 per annum, and other benefits)|
|Placed on:||24th November 2016|
|Closes:||5th January 2017|
Exeter College, Keble College and the Faculty of Medieval & Modern Languages, University of Oxford, propose to make a joint appointment in Spanish Golden Age Literature, with effect from 1 October 2017. The postholder will be an Official Fellow and Lecturer in Spanish at Exeter College, a Lecturer in Spanish at Keble College, and an Associate Professor in Spanish Golden Age Literature in the Faculty of Medieval & Modern Languages in the University of Oxford.
Applications are welcome from well-qualified candidates with expertise in Golden Age Spanish Literature.
The person appointed will be expected to undertake the following main duties:
- to engage in research and publication at an internationally recognised level in Spanish Golden Age Literature;
- to give high-quality tutorials, classes, supervision and lectures at both undergraduate and graduate level;
- to act as an assessor and/ or examiner to graduate and undergraduate students, as requested;
- to undertake a reasonable share of administrative duties for both the Colleges and the Faculty of Medieval & Modern Languages (including committee membership (when called upon to do so), contributing to syllabus development, and producing course materials, handouts, reading lists and reports);
- to pursue an independent programme of research and to identify sources of research income, develop proposals, and make funding applications to secure it;
- to share pastoral duties and participate in the organisation of teaching Modern Languages in the Colleges;
- to undertake other normal duties of a college tutor, as described in the Further Particulars; and
- to participate in the governance of Exeter College (including exercising the duties of a Trustee, and service on College committees and in College Offices).
Candidates should have completed a doctorate in a relevant field, or be able to provide evidence of a completed doctoral dissertation submitted for examination by the advertised closing date for this position.
The successful candidate must also demonstrate evidence of: distinguished research and/ or research potential in the area of Spanish Golden Age Literature; the ability to deliver excellent tutorial teaching and to give lectures and classes; sufficient depth and breadth of knowledge in the subject to develop new proposals for Papers, and to develop research projects and methodologies; qualitative/ quantitative research and analytical techniques; successful grant applications, or of the potential to make successful applications; participation in conferences, seminars and other research meetings; the ability to act as an examiner; the ability to supervise graduate students; a willingness to undertake administration and pastoral responsibilities on behalf of both the Colleges and the University; and near-native fluency in written and spoken English and Spanish.
The successful candidate will become a member of the Governing Body, and therefore a Trustee, at Exeter College.
In addition to salary, a range of other generous benefits are available, as set out in the Further Particulars.
Associate Professors who are awarded the title of full professor from the University may be entitled to receive an additional salary payment of £2,600 per annum (unless they already receive additional recruitment or retention payments at that level or above).
Further particulars and information about how to apply are available at:
The closing date is 12pm noon (GMT) on Thursday 5 January 2017.
Exeter College, Keble College, and the University of Oxford are equal opportunities employers and value diversity.
Share this job
Type / Role:
South East England