University of Stirling
|Salary:||£39,324 to £46,924 Grade 8, p.a. pro rata|
|Placed on:||25th November 2016|
|Closes:||11th December 2016|
Location: Western Isles, Stornoway
Part time: 0.6 FTE
Closing date is midnight on Sunday 11 December 2016
Interviews will take place on Friday 16 December 2016
We are seeking a motivated, enthusiastic and talented individual to join the Faculty of Health Sciences and Sport who can help us to continue to build on our success. The post will be a 0.6 FTE and will be based at the Western Isles Campus, Stornoway.
As a Lecturer in the Faculty you will play a key role in enhancing and developing the Faculty's teaching and research expertise in nursing and health. You will be a qualified health professional with expertise in community healthcare delivery and experience of teaching and research or teaching and scholarship in a relevant area. You will make a significant contribution to our BSc in Nursing, as well as contributing to other degree programmes at undergraduate and postgraduate level and maintaining an active and high-quality research portfolio. Working in partnership with our NHS boards, you will take a strategic approach to developing curriculum content that meets the needs of students and stakeholders alike.
Description of Duties
- Plan, design, develop and deliver modules at undergraduate and postgraduate level within the Faculty, working as part of the programme team.
- Demonstrate innovative approaches to teaching and support for students through the use of a wide range of learning resources and appropriate pedagogic practice.
- Undertake student assessment as required, including the preparation of assignments and setting and marking of examinations.
- Carry out administrative tasks and other reasonable duties as determined by the Head of Faculty.
- Undertake internationally excellent research, high quality relevant teaching, appropriate administration and other activities in order to support and develop the academic profile of the Faculty.
- Generate research grant and contract income to support research activity.
For further information, including essential criteria and details on how to apply, please see www.stir.ac.uk/jobs
Share this job
Type / Role: