Speech and Language Therapist
Ruskin Mill Trust
|Salary:||£31,600 to £37,750 per annum|
|Placed on:||25th November 2016|
|Closes:||21st December 2016|
The purpose of the role is to work therapeutically with specific or small groups of students based on assessments of the students support and developmental needs.
The post holder will be expected to embrace, articulate and work with the Trust’s ethos, which is informed by Steiner education, is maintained, implemented and integrated within the therapeutic provision within the College. The ideal candidate will have experience of working with students with a wide range of abilities and will possess the following skills:
- The ability to work with young people with autistic spectrum disorders, learning disabilities and difficulties associated with developmental delay;
- To assess the needs of assessment students prior to them starting at college;
- To provide evidence from assessment for educational tribunals;
- To plan and deliver the therapeutic speech and language needs of individual students with a diverse range of needs;
- The ability to articulate and communicate assessment findings to a diverse range of College staff which may include delivering staff training;
- To work in collaboration with the therapy team and tutors within the College; To work towards student outcomes as detailed in the EHCP.
To undertake this position successfully you will have:
- An MSc in Clinical Communication Studies or equivalent;
- A member of the Health Professional Council;
- A member of the Royal College of Speech and Language;
- A minimum of two years’ experience working as a Speech and Language Therapist;
- Knowledge of specialist education;
- Experience of working with learners with learning difficulties and/ or learning disabilities;
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
A flexible and professional approach to work is required.
Ruskin Mill Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to undergo a DBS Enhanced Disclosure.
Share this job
Type / Role:
South West England