Lecturer in Plumbing
North Hertfordshire College
|Salary:||£25,000 to £38,000|
|Placed on:||25th November 2016|
|Closes:||31st December 2016|
NHC may have the perfect opportunity for you if:
- You’re an amazing plumbing teacher who is motivated, enthusiastic and committed to the success of your students;
- You can you bring plumbing to life in a way that engages students;
- You have a passion for your profession and share our determination to be outstanding.
North Hertfordshire College (NHC) is a further education college with over 2,000 full time students in the full range of sector areas.
NHC is part of the Hart Learning Group which also includes Hart L&D, a progressive learning and development business that helps business clients of all sizes to engage with emerging talent, and the Hart Schools Trust – a burgeoning multi-academy trust which sponsors a small number of schools in our local community.
We are currently recruiting for a Lecturer in Plumbing who will deliver consistently good or better teaching sessions, incorporating an effective range of learning strategies that enable outstanding learning outcomes for all our students. You will maintain high expectations of students, working with them to raise their ambition and aspiration, ensuring they realise their full potential.
- Basic salary £25k - £38k;
- Contributory Pensions Scheme;
- Participations in the Group’s performance related pay scheme (PRP).
Roles and responsibility
- Assess, guide and support students, both on site and in college, using a variety of methods to maximise learner potential. Work with students and teaching delivery team, to ensure that the curriculum is fully compliant with all relevant awarding bodies;
- Deliver dynamic outstanding teaching and training sessions;
- Support students to reflect on and evaluate their progress through setting personalised targets and the tracking & completion of paper based / electronic portfolios (One File);
- Implement quality assurance processes for one or more college programmes to enable consistency in assessments and quality in delivering teaching and learning;
- Plan and co-ordinate the personalised learning plans and routes and destinations for each of their students;
- To undertake such duties as may be reasonably requested by the line manager or any senior manager or Director.
- A level 3 plumbing qualified lecturer who has experience delivering Industry standard site plumbing programmes ranging from level 1 to level 3;
- An A1 (or equivalent) qualified assessor who has experience of assessing on-site activities relating to apprenticeship frameworks;
- An experienced lecturer with an outstanding track record and qualified to DTLLs / certificate in education level. With a level 2 literacy and numeracy or GCSE maths and English grade C or above qualification;
- An understanding of safeguarding, equality and diversity, health and safety and child protection legislation as it impacts on learning;
- A strong team player who engages in team communications to ensure that all elements of student progress are effectively monitored and co-ordinated by the team;
- Organised flexible individual who prioritises tasks and manages their time efficiently;
- IT literate with experience in using online portfolios.
Share this job
Type / Role:
South East England