North Hertfordshire College
|Location:||Letchworth Garden City|
|Salary:||£17,000 to £20,000|
|Placed on:||25th November 2016|
|Closes:||31st December 2016|
NHC may have the perfect opportunity for you if:
- You’re an experienced administrator/coordinator;
- You are looking to get into HR;
- You have a passion for HR and are driven to succeed.
Who are we
The Hart Learning Group (HLG) is a charitable organisation with a mission to create social and economic value for individuals, businesses and the communities we serve through learning. The Hart Learning Group currently includes:
- North Hertfordshire College (NHC): a further education college with campuses in Stevenage, Hitchin and Letchworth.
- Hart Learning & Development (Hart L&D): a progressive learning business that supports businesses of all sizes to engage with and invest in emerging talent.
- The Hart Schools Trust: a burgeoning schools trust that currently sponsors Thomas Alleyne's Academy in Stevenage.
In 2015/16 we supported over 6,000 students, including 2,200 full time students at NHC, 1,600 apprentices and 400 trainees through Hart L&D.
We are currently working towards an ambitious five-year strategy. To realise our strategy, we need the best people around. We’re building an amazing team, all of whom share our passion, pace and commitment to helping our students get where they want to be in life.
You will be providing comprehensive administrative HR and recruitment support for relevant business line. Resolving any HR queries from employee’s and line managers.
- Basic Salary £17k - £20k;
- Contributory Pensions Scheme;
- Participations in the Group’s performance related pay scheme (PRP).
Roles and responsibility
- Provide a first class administration service to the HR team, including HR and recruitment support;
- Administer HR-related documentation, including the starter and leaver processes, offer letters, contracts of employment, contract variations, exit letters and documents, arranging exit interviews;
- Administer HR-related documentation, including the starter and leaver processes, offer letters, contracts of employment, contract variations, exit letters and documents, arranging exit interviews, maintenance on both electronic and paper filing systems;
- Support the recruitment manager in coordinating the recruitment process. In liaison with the team post recruitment advertisements on-line and in agreed media, set up and coordinate interviews and issue relevant correspondence in a timely manner;
- Administer and coordinate the disclosure and barring service (DBS) checks for staff and update the single central record;
- Support HR business partners in liaising with the occupational health doctor to book appointments and to advise managers and staff of appointment dates and times;
- Raise electronic purchase orders and ensure that office supplies are replenished as needed;
- Proven knowledge of managing administrative processes from beginning to end;
- Experience of providing first class customer service in a busy environment;
- Proven ability of working within and contributing to a team and able to work alone with minimum supervision at times;
- Ability to work in a confidential environment;
- Commitment to self-development;
- Proven experience of working with Microsoft Office applications, including Word and Excel;
- Knowledge of using an HR database (iTrent) would be an advantage.
Share this job
Type / Role:
South East England