Postdoc in Photovoltaics
Technical University of Denmark - DTU Fotonik
|Contract Type:||Contract / Temporary|
|Placed on:||28th November 2016|
|Closes:||6th January 2017|
DTU Fotonik works with all areas of photonic engineering, including photovoltaics. The postdoc project will focus on developing a fast and accurate automatic drone-based inspection system for PV plants that combines IR, luminescence (EL or PL) imaging, and visual images (VI). The system will be able to detect a wider range of PV panel failures: visual defects, hot-spots, solar cell cracks, potential-induced degradation, and more. The work is carried out within the Diode Lasers and LED Systems group at DTU Fotonik.
Responsibilities and tasks
The postdoc will contribute to leading research in applied photovoltaics, both theoretical and experimental task, including:
- R&D of PL/EL imaging techniques.
- Integration and optimization of an imaging system on a drone.
- Development of IR, PL/EL, and VI analysis for automatic fault detection and identification.
- Integration and test of the drone system with the image analysis and automatic fault detection.
Additional content of the position:
- Research with some teaching. It may also involve handling other assignments to a limited extent.
- The candidate will, in addition to scientific research, be holding lectures on introduction to photovoltaics at DTU, and also participate in design and development of new courses in photovoltaics. Besides teaching, the candidate will also design, develop and supervise laboratory exercises.
Candidates should have a PhD degree or equivalent in physical chemistry, physics, power electronics, or materials science.
As a candidate you must also have:
- Good experimental skills (experience with electronic equipment certainly helps).
- A solid basic understanding of semiconductor physics and/or optoelectronics.
- Ideally, the applicant should have experience with electroluminescence and photoluminescence for photovoltaic characterization.
- Fluency in English.
- Good communication skills within the Photovoltaic Research and Industry communities.
Candidates with experience in applied photovoltaics and knowledge about photovoltaic power systems are preferred.
We offer an interesting and challenging job in an international environment focusing on education, research, scientific advice and innovation, which contribute to enhancing the economy and improving social welfare. We strive for academic excellence, collegial respect and freedom tempered by responsibility. The Technical University of Denmark (DTU) is a leading technical university in northern Europe and benchmarks with the best universities in the world.
Salary and terms of employment
The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Confederation of Professional Associations. The allowance will be agreed with the relevant union. The period of employment is 1 year with possibility of extension.
The main workplace will be DTU Fotonik Risø Campus.
Further information may be obtained from Special Consultant, Peter Behrensdorff Poulsen, tel.: +45 4677 4572, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can read more about DTU Fotonik on www.fotonik.dtu.dk.
Please submit your online application no later than January 6th 2017. Apply online at www.career.dtu.dk.
Applications must be submitted as one PDF file containing all materials to be given consideration. To apply, please open the link "Apply online," fill in the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file. The file must include:
- Application (cover letter)
- Diploma (MSc/PhD)
- List of publications
Applications and enclosures received after the deadline will not be considered.
All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, disability, race, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
Share this job
Type / Role: