Funded studentships in the School of Computing
University of Leeds - School of Computing
|Funding for:||UK Students, EU Students, International Students|
|Placed on:||28th November 2016|
|Closes:||6th January 2017|
- Funded PhD project: Worldwide (International, UK and EU)
- Value: Funding covers the cost of fees and provides a maintenance of £14,926 for the 2016/17 academic year. Funding duration is 3 years.
- Number of awards: Up to 6
- Deadline: 06/01/2017
- Supervisors: Each project is allocated to a supervisor. Check the individual project pages to find out who will be supervising the research.
The School of Computing has funding for up to six studentships. These awards will cover academic fees as well as a maintenance of £14,926 for the 2016/17 academic year. To be eligible for this funding, applicants must apply to one of the projects listed below.
Please note: funding will be awarded on a competitive basis. Only up to six of the eleven projects advertised will receive funding:
- Visual explanations of type inference
- Performance tuning of parallel Haskell programs
- Curriculum Learning for Reinforcement Learning Agents
- Structure of hereditary graph classes and its algorithmic consequences
- From Functional Brain Models to Imaging Data
- Robotic Manipulation Planning for Collaborative Human-Robot Manufacturing
- Robotic learning of physics to plan actions for tasks similar to the Amazon Picking Challenge
- New Stability Measures for Optimisation Problems with Uncertain Data
- Active activity recognition from a mobile robot
- Data-driven Understanding of Crowd Dynamics and Behaviour Patterns
- Environment and Interaction Modelling for Motion Analysis and Control
You must have achieved a bachelor degree with at least a 2:1 (hons), or equivalent, or a good performance in a Masters level course in a relevant subject. We also recognise relevant industrial and academic experience.How to apply
Formal applications for research degree study should be made on-line through the university's website. Please state clearly in the research information section of your application, the name of the PhD you wish to apply for as well as the name of your proposed supervisor. In the funding section, please state ‘School of Computing’ as your sponsor
If you require any further information please contact the Graduate School Office
e: email@example.com, t: +44 (0)113 343 8000.
Share this PhD
Type / Role: