Part-time, Part-year Student Support Assistant
Sparsholt College, Hampshire
|Salary:||£7,753 to £8,475 per annum|
|Placed on:||28th November 2016|
|Closes:||12th December 2016|
20 hours per week for 35 weeks per year
We are committed to providing outstanding support for our students and we are seeking a new member of staff to join our Student Support team who is student-centric and has a “can-do attitude” in continuing our drive for excellence.
As the position is less than 52 weeks per year, there will be a requirement to work all term time weeks in addition to some weeks outside of term time for administrative purposes.
The Student Support Assistant role is front line, providing information to students about welfare and other support to which students are/may be entitled and referring where appropriate as well as ensuring that the department’s student support administrative processes run smoothly.
This post is based at the Sparsholt campus.
Closing Date: 12 December 2016
• Eligibility to join the Local Government Pension Scheme (a defined benefit pension scheme)
• Death Benefit grant of 3 x salary if in the pension scheme
• Free on-site parking
• Car Share Scheme
• Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
• Occupational Maternity Pay Scheme
• Flexible Working Policy
• Child Care Vouchers
• Access to an employee assistance scheme
• On-site gym at the Sparsholt campus (membership £100 per annum)
• Free gym classes at the Sparsholt campus
• You Make the Difference Staff nomination scheme
• Facility to purchase Sparsholt produce including: plants, flowers, fruit & vegetables, fish, venison and turkey.
• Access to discounted hair and beauty treatments at the Andover campus
• Discounted admission to Marwell Zoo
• Ability to access a range of CPD events and support with undertaking professional qualifications
• Dog Kennelling facility on Sparsholt campus (subject to availability)
• Various food outlets and eateries offering good value food and drink at competitive prices
There is a nursery on the Sparsholt campus operated by a commercial provider
Share this job
Type / Role:
South East England