Cardiff University - Cardiff School of Biosciences
|Salary:||£32,004 to £38,183 Grade 6 p.a.|
|Contract Type:||Contract / Temporary|
|Placed on:||28th November 2016|
|Closes:||26th December 2016|
A position is available for a research associate to conduct research within the area of Bio photonics.
The successful candidate will have a postgraduate degree at PhD level in a related subject area or relevant industrial experience, proven ability to publish in international journals and a proven portfolio of research and/or relevant industrial experience within the following research fields:
* Coherent anti-Stokes Raman scattering microscopy applied to bio imaging
* Optical microscopy technology development including hardware and software
* Quantitative optical extinction micro-spectroscopy of nanoparticles
* Transient resonant four-wave mixing micro-spectroscopy of nanoparticles
* Chemical functionalization of nanoparticles and surfaces
* Molecular cell biology including knowledge of cell culture
This position is full-time and is fixed-term for 1 year.
Salary: £32,004 - £38,183 per annum (Grade 6). It is not anticipated that an appointment will be made above 6.30, currently £32,004 per annum.
Cardiff University reserves the right to close this vacancy early should sufficient applications be received.
Cardiff University is committed to supporting and promoting equality and diversity. Our inclusive environment welcomes applications from talented people from diverse backgrounds.
Please click the apply button below for the full job description and person specification.
Share this job
Type / Role: