Programme to Enhance the Student Experience Communications Officer
Oxford Brookes University - Directorate of Corporate Affairs
|Salary:||£26,052 to £28,452 pro-rata|
|Contract Type:||Contract / Temporary|
|Placed on:||28th November 2016|
|Closes:||11th December 2016|
This is part time (15 hours per week) fixed term (12 months) vacancy with the Directorate of Corporate Affairs.
The work of this post will be crucial to the implementation of dedicated communications planning and activities for Oxford Brooke¿s eight Programme to Enhance the Student Experience (PESE) projects. In recent years, Oxford Brookes has undertaken an ambitious programme to meet its strategic commitments in further improving the student experience. This has become established as the PESE. With the eight PESE projects now entering their second year, there is an increased need for focused and targeted communications for each as they move to implementation stages. The post holder will work with the most senior members of the University through liaising with the Programme Sponsor, eight project sponsors and project teams managers to agree on communication plans and implement the activities identified.
- Research, devise and implement communications plans to support the PESE;
- Work with project teams to incorporate PESE into academic activities and the student experience more broadly;
- Present outward facing projects to the local community interest groups as well as pro-actively promoting achievements in the local media;
- Ensure that communications on PESE are well co-ordinated with consistent messages both for the Programme as a whole and with wider student experience activities;
- Review, update and manage social media and website communications related to the eight projects.
You should have:
- Degree level qualification;
- Experience of liaising and negotiating with a wide range of stakeholders, including those at senior levels;
- Experience of planning and delivering communications activities in a large, complex organisation;
- Experience of using social media in a work context;
- Knowledge and interest in student experience issues.
International applicants from outside the EU will need to demonstrate their eligibility to work in the UK
Location : Gipsy Lane Site, Headington Campus
Share this job
Type / Role:
South East England