External Relations Administration Assistant
University of Dundee - External Relations Office
|Salary:||£15,976 to £18,412 per annum (grade 3).|
|Contract Type:||Contract / Temporary|
|Placed on:||29th November 2016|
|Closes:||13th December 2016|
To support the Marketing and Events Departments (primarily) through booking travel and accommodation for staff and university visitors, dealing with financial processes such as invoices and purchase orders, petty cash and using PECOS and CODA financial systems. Admin and Operational support at flagship events such as the Saturday Evening Lecture Series, Undergraduate and Masters Degree Shows, Summer and Winter Graduation and University Open Days (undergrad and PG). General administrative duties such as chasing responses to invitations by phone and email, photocopying, filing and any other duties deemed appropriate.
Duties and Responsibilities
Working under the direction of the PA to the Director and with the workflow primarily coming from the Marketing and Events offices you will:
- Provide assistance for high profile University events such as Summer and Winter Graduation, Open Days, Degree Shows, the Saturday Evening Lecture Series and key on-campus student recruitment events. This will include assistance in advance e.g. material preparation, and in-person support on the day.
- Handle logistics such as travel and accommodation bookings for staff and visitors, including checking for best value in prices.
- Deal with University venue bookings for meetings and events on behalf of the marketing and events teams.
- Support in chasing RSVPs for events, sending mail outs etc.
- Provide routine office administration, including managing incoming and outgoing invoices, using PECOS, generating purchase orders, cash handling, ordering stationery supplies, arranging for items to be couriered and maintaining printer.
- Manage mailing lists for both teams using different systems and assisting with mail-outs, including printing labels.
- Support marketing and events teams to conduct market research such as customer questionnaires and feedback forms.
- Participate in in-house training.
- Manage credit card bookings for social media campaigns.
- Manage staff social events (e.g. organizing Christmas lunch).
- Willingness to work non-traditional hours as and when required and to be available to travel.
- The post holder may be required to perform work not specifically referred to above and may be asked to vary the pattern of their working hours from time to time, to meet the demands of especially busy periods.
The University of Dundee is a diverse community and is committed to equality of opportunity for all by providing a supportive, flexible and inclusive working environment. We have family friendly policies (including flexible working and childcare vouchers), staff groups for LGBT and BME; and prayer room facilities.
The University of Dundee has received the Athena SWAN Bronze Award (Athena Swan) which recognises the promotion of gender equality and has made further commitment to advancing inclusive culture which supports and encourages all under-represented groups.
The University of Dundee is a Scottish Registered Charity, No. SC015096.
Share this job
Type / Role: