University of Kent - Commercial Services
|Salary:||£16,618 to £18,412|
|Placed on:||29th November 2016|
|Closes:||13th December 2016|
You will be part of our reception team providing excellent customer service to students, staff and external visitors using our reception facilities.
The role involves dealing with general reception duties. For much of your shift you will be the sole receptionist and therefore it is essential that in addition to having excellent customer service skills, you are able to deal calmly and confidently with all queries and bookings.
You will be working to a rota for this role. A typical shift pattern may be 8am until 4pm on week one, followed by 12pm until 8pm on week two. Shift patterns may vary.
As Receptionist you will:
- Confidently resolve all initial enquiries from students, staff, residents and others.
- Issue keys and maintain/monitor the security of them in line with procedure.
- Programme student and vacation guest bedroom key cards using access control software.
- Act as the central reception point for deliveries, sorting and collecting post, taking and passing on urgent messages and telephone calls, reporting room defects to relevant parties and taking payments.
- Use our software module to search for and communicate with residential students by email and check students or vacation guests in and out. Full training will be provided.
- Please refer to the attached job description for the full list of requirements for this post.
Kent Hospitality provides housekeeping, catering, bar and reception services and has a sales turnover in excess of £40m. We manage student accommodation throughout the University’s Canterbury and Medway campuses for over 6,500 students and in vacation periods operate a thriving conference and events business. Plans for additional facilities at the Canterbury and Medway campuses over the next couple of years will generate further growth for the department.
Having been continuously recognised as an Investors in People (IiP) organisation since 1999, Kent Hospitality was awarded IiP Gold status in March 2010 and March 2013. Following reassessment in April 2016, the department has been reaccredited with IiP Gold status.
Such success has only been possible with the commitment of each of our 300 full and part-time employees, all of whom are committed to delivering the best possible customer service with passion, pride and professionalism.
Kent Hospitality’s staff are our greatest asset and the department offers a comprehensive programme of training and development to ensure that each individual’s personal goals and ambitions can be realised.
Interviews are to be held: tbc
Please do not send your application directly to the department.
How to apply - for this type of position you will be required to complete the online application process. Please note we do not accept CVs for this post.
If you require further information regarding the post or application process please contact email@example.com
Please note applications must be made via the University website - details sent directly via email cannot be considered.
Share this job
Type / Role:
South East England