University of Glasgow - Centre for Open Studies
|Salary:||£27,629 to £31,076|
|Placed on:||29th November 2016|
|Closes:||8th January 2017|
To be responsible for the management and development of a fit for purpose service covering all quality assurance activities for the Centre for Open Studies. To ensure effective arrangements are in place for academic governance and compliance. To lead on the development of processes and systems which support the enhancement of the student learning experience.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for ensuring that appropriate quality assurance policies and procedures are in place to support the delivery of effective learning and teaching within the Centre.
- Responsible for the effective management of processes and procedures governing course and programme approval, course evaluation, annual monitoring, periodic review, examinations, student progression and awards.
- Support the Senior Administrator in planning the work of the administrative support team to ensure operational effectiveness within available resources.
- Produce information for staff and students, including drafting and maintaining handbooks, relating to the quality processes of the Centre and the University.
- Responsible for implementation of the University Code of Assessment within the Centre, preparation of necessary paperwork relating to the Code and other relevant University procedures, and advising staff and external examiners of these procedures.
- Manage all aspects of student assessment and examinations for the Centre, including supervision of the arrangements for exam boards, preparation of all related paperwork, the appointment of external examiners and the oversight of the publishing of grades. On a regular basis identify students eligible for the award of Certificate or Diploma of Higher Education and arrange for these awards to be made.
- Manage the APL policy for the Centre in line with University regulations.
- Manage the course approval process in accordance with University policy.
- Undertake regular monitoring to ensure the accuracy of student data on the MyCampus student records system.
- Analyse for reporting purposes statistical information relating to, for example, student enrolment, course cancellation, student retention, and awards.
- Act as the Centre’s Data Protection, Freedom of Information and Complaints Coordinator.
Membership and Clerking of various committees of the Centre including the Management Group and Board of Studies.
- Responsible for the backing up and restoring of course Moodle pages on an annual basis. Provide training and development to subject specialists, tutors and other relevant colleagues as required, as well as responding to enquiries from students.
- Any other duties as required by the Director of Centre for Open Studies.
Standard Terms & Conditions
Salary will be on the Management, Professional and Administrative Grade, level 6, £27,629 - £31,076 per annum.
New entrants to the University will be required to serve a probationary period of 6 months.
The successful applicant will be eligible to join the Universities’ Superannuation Scheme. Further information regarding the scheme is available from the Superannuation Officer, who is also prepared to advise on questions relating to the transfer of Superannuation benefits.
The University has been awarded the Athena SWAN Institutional Bronze Award.
The University of Glasgow, charity number SC004401.
Vacancy Ref; 015553.
The University is committed to equality of opportunity in employment.
Share this job
Type / Role: