Coventry University - Faculty of Business & Law
|Placed on:||29th November 2016|
|Closes:||31st December 2016|
Coventry University are an award-winning modern university with a campus in Coventry and in the City of London. In the last few years they have broken the mould in order to widen the reach and quality of their education offer - opening University Colleges, with a life-shaped approach to learning, in the West Midlands, East London and Yorkshire - and invested hugely, in partnership with business and research bodies, in the facilities and places where their students, graduates and staff work together.
Their impact is global. Coventry enrolls the second highest number of international students in the UK. They have partnerships and links around the world, adding to the vibrancy, opportunity, and sense of entrepreneurship and innovation which sets Coventry apart.
Now, as part of their far-reaching Corporate Plan, and in support of the next phase of their growth, Witt/Kieffer Ccentric have been engaged to assist them in the search for an Academic Dean for the Faculty of Business & Law who can lead the Faculty to meet the challenges ahead.
The successful applicant must have;
- A PhD plus experience in the relevant subject area or an equivalent level of professional experience alongside a postgraduate qualification in the relevant subject
- Experience of working at Associate Dean level, with demonstrable academic standing.
- Significant understanding of the Faculty’s business as a whole and the Faculty’s role in the University context from a policy and operational perspective.
- Significant previous leadership and management experience in an academic context.
- Demonstrable ability to lead, engage and motivate staff and to address poor performance.
- Excellent team working skills.
- The ability to respond effectively to a fast moving environment, to take appropriate levels of risk in moving the business forward and to create and maintain the momentum needed in the Faculty to pursue change and transformational growth.
- The ability to accurately analyse complex data and information quickly.
For a confidential discussion about the role and the expectations, please contact Ann-Maree Chadwick:
+44 7408 954 501
Share this job
Type / Role:
Midlands of England