General Builder (77003-116)
University of Warwick - Estates Office
|Salary:||£18,412 to £20,624 per annum|
|Placed on:||29th November 2016|
|Closes:||11th December 2016|
|★ View Employer Profile|
36.5 hours per week
Here is your chance to be part of the team that makes Warwick University’s Estates Department one of the most enjoyable places to work in the Coventry area. Our mission is to deliver excellent customer service by creating, operating and sustaining safe, high quality environments.
You will be required to provide an Estates building maintenance service ensuring all statutory, planned and breakdown works are completed safely, cost effectively and to agreed KPI’s and Service Statement.
You will be required to respond to individual job requests via the job notification system, phone and Radio, ensuring each job is seen through to completion; this may include:
- Complete general brickwork new build and repairs, involving setting out and transferring levels.
- Carrying out major plastering projects and repair work to walls, ceilings and coving.
- Renewal of defective wall and floor tiles.
- Replacing bollards and barriers including excavations and concreting.
- Repair and maintenance of underground drainage system including unblocking drains.
- To carry out painting and decorating tasks.
- Carry out sealant repairs to sinks and baths & expansion and weather proofing joints.
- Repair of concrete paving and hard landscape areas to falls and levels.
- Roofing – gutter repairs.
You will be able to prioritise your own workload and tasks, taking into account where the problem is, the nature of the problem, the number of people affected and the usage of the building
You will be a committed, friendly, team player who is keen to progress.
We offer excellent working conditions, training, uniform, all necessary PPE equipment, generous annual leave, pension scheme, childcare vouchers and use of the University’s leisure and cultural facilities.
Interview date: Week Commencing 12 December 2016.
Full details of the duties and selection criteria for this role are found in the vacancy advert on the University of Warwick jobs page. You will be routed to this when you click on the Apply button below.
Share this job
Type / Role:
Midlands of England