Statistician and Data Manager
Swansea University - Swansea University Medical School
|Salary:||£28,452 to £32,004 Grade 7 p.a.|
|Contract Type:||Contract / Temporary|
|Placed on:||30th November 2016|
|Closes:||13th December 2016|
Salary: £28,452 - £32,004 (grade 7) per annum together with USS benefits.
This is a fixed term position to 31st March 2018.
We are an equal opportunity employer aiming for diversity in our workforce.
Main Purpose of the Post
The purpose of this job is to support the continued development of the STU portfolio of studies through the All Wales Research Design and Conduct Service (RDCS) and to assist with producing high-quality and complete sets of data for analysis at the end of trials and assist with statistical aspects of trials adopted by STU in collaboration with key stakeholders including Abertawe Bro Morgannwg (ABM) University Health Board and Hywel Dda (HD) University Health Board and Welsh Ambulance Service NHS Trust (WAST).
The Data Management aspect of this role will include:
- assisting with processes regarding the collection, entry, management and verification of data using appropriate clinical trials data management systems including MACRO and Redcap
- verifying case report forms (CRFs); raising queries for missing/discrepant information using appropriate data querying guidelines
- updating trial databases
- working closely with a wide range of individuals including Chief Investigators and Principal Investigators at clinical trials sites; Trial and Data Managers and Trial Statisticians
- contribute to the development, review and implementation of trials unit processes particularly within the area of data management and statistics, for example Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and associated trial documents
- prepare study documentation including data management plans for individual trials.
The Statistical aspect of this role will include:
- assisting with the requirements gathering and design of trials and studies and preparation of statistical analysis plans;
- validating data entered and assisting with its subsequent analysis using statistical packages e.g. SPSS, R and Stata
- contributing to reports and subsequent peer-reviewed scientific papers
Candidates need a first degree in mathematics, statistics or other substantially quantitative scientific degree (eg econometrics, physics, engineering etc.) and will be expected to have:
- knowledge and experience in applied statistics and data management
- experience of working in an academic, healthcare or commercial research environment; and
- background knowledge of clinical trials.
This post will close at midnight 13 December 2016
Applicants will find full job details together with the online application link: http://www.swansea.ac.uk/personnel/jobs/details.php?nPostingId=4027&nPostingTargetId=6836&id=QHUFK026203F3VBQB7VLO8NXD&LG=UK&mask=suext
The University is committed to supporting and promoting equality and diversity in all of its practices and activities. We aim to establish an inclusive environment and particularly welcome applications from diverse backgrounds.
Swansea University is a registered charity. No. 1138342.
Share this job