Information Governance Officer
Durham University - Governance
|Salary:||£32,004 to £38,183 Grade 7|
|Placed on:||30th November 2016|
|Closes:||2nd January 2017|
(Deadline for applications is 23:30 on the day of closing)
Durham University has recently formed a new Information Governance Team within the University Secretary’s Office. There is now an opportunity to recruit an Information Governance Officer to help support the Information Governance Manager in the development, maintenance and communication of the University information governance agenda in line with University Information Governance strategy. The Officer will provide central information governance services, guidance and expert advice to stakeholders across the University and input to University project work, systems and processes to help embed good practice and legislative compliance in support of the University’s business objectives.
A suitably experienced and knowledgeable information governance professional who can demonstrate the clear ability to provide high quality services, guidance, expert advice and input to University project work, systems and processes, across the University’s academic and professional support departments and colleges.
- Deliver expert advice, guidance, training content, draft documentation and operate central services (eg off campus storage contract) to support:
- the University’s Information Governance Framework, strategy, policy and procedures
- implementation of effective, efficient and economic lifecycle information and records management across the University regardless of format to help meet legislative, statutory and contractual requirements and support University business objectives
- compliance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and Freedom of Information Act 2000, the IG elements of the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations and Human Rights Act and the University’s information security agenda.
- Operate an efficient and legally compliant centrally-coordinated Freedom of Information, Environmental Information Regulations and Subject Access Request Response Service.
- Keep self up-to-date with changes in legislation and good practice in information governance and produce briefings for the Information Governance Manager.
- Deputise for the Information Governance Manager.
Share this job
Type / Role: