Learning Assistant - Pottery
Ruskin Mill Trust
|Salary:||£15,756 to £18,876 per annum|
|Placed on:||1st December 2016|
|Closes:||12th December 2016|
Ruskin Mill College provides innovative and experiential education and training for young people marginalized by disadvantage, exclusion or special learning needs. Inspired by Rudolf Steiner and John Ruskin, the College actively promotes through craftsmanship and entrepreneurship the traditional economic activities of the Cotswolds.
Based at Ruskin Mill College, in Nailsworth near Stroud
We are seeking to appoint a Pottery Learning Assistant to offer specific and specialist educational support with the Tutor in the delivery of a therapeutic education to a number of students. You must be able to instil enthusiasm and enjoyment into the learning process in such a way that can lead to increased self-esteem and enhanced engagement in learning.
- To assist and work closely with the tutors in session to progress students towards their short, medium and long term outcomes;
- To assist the tutors in planning sessions to differentiate for the range of students under that tutors remit in order to progress each student educationally as well as to mitigate safeguarding risk;
- To follow the tutor’s instructions in relation to planned activities;
- To assist the tutors in feeding into the data capture and assessment process behind student progression;
- To communicate consistently, openly and frequently with relevant parties in helping students to progress educationally towards their targets.
Closing date: Midday, Monday 12th December 2016
Ruskin Mill Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to undergo a DBS Enhanced Disclosure.
Share this job
Type / Role:
South West England