Durham University - Estates and Buildings
|Salary:||£21,220 to £24,565|
|Placed on:||1st December 2016|
|Closes:||5th January 2017|
Deadline for applications is 23:30 on the day of closing
The salary is based on a basic working week of 35 hours and the post offers 31 days holiday per year (27 days holiday + 4 customary days)
Purpose of the Post
To undertake electrical repairs and maintenance work throughout the University Estate, within domestic, industrial and educational buildings.
Undertake work of the appropriate trade to an agreed level, in compliance with industry standards, statutory requirements, relevant codes of practice in a professional and customer focussed manner.
The postholder will be required to fully utilise (with appropriate training) electronic devices for receipt and completion of work instructions.
Responsibilities under health and safety law are placed on both the employer and on all employees. The University Health and Safety Policy explains how this is implemented at the University, https://www.dur.ac.uk/healthandsafety/local/office/hspolicy/ and within that structure, it is the post-holder’s responsibility to:
- Take reasonable care for their own health and safety and that of others.
- Co-operate with the University’s health and safety arrangements.
- Familiarise themselves with and follow health and safety procedures and instructions.
- Not misuse anything provided for health and safety.
- Report all accidents, incidents and hazards, and suggest improvements.
- Attend health and safety training as required.
Share this job
Type / Role: